🔷 Lawton Mods for Fostex Biodynamic-Driver Headphones

Don’t pull that shit with me. That’s MY schtick!

2 Likes

The dangling carrot has been hung!

1 Like

:rofl:

I didn’t realize peer pressure had trademarks…

LoL. I just meant that I’ve been using the palpatine “do it” every time anyone expresses the slightlest interest in the Hemps for the past couple of months. I think this is the first time the turns have tabled.

1 Like

Lawton mod photo fun!

6 Likes

Don’t be afraid to show us your wood

1 Like

Those turned out very nice. They look great!
How do they sound?

They’re MKay.

What cable are you using with these TR-610?

Hi @arrakian - Welcome to the HFG Forum!

That cable in the picture is a New Fantasia cable that I ordered off of Amazon as a temporary cable so that I could run on a balanced amp while I was waiting for a custom one to be built/shipped for the TH-610

What wood number do you recommend for a Chord Hugo2? Thank you for your detailed insight.

What cable did you end up getting?

For the Lawtons I went with an LQI cables, Voda series. It was inexpensive and I wanted to try someplace different. Voda Series UP-OCC Copper Headphone Cable – LQi Cables

Arctic makes some nice cables up too that sound nice without breaking the bank. Some others that are good as well are Oidio, and Forza.

If you want to go deluxe there is always Double Helix or Plussound - just depends on where your budget fits best.

Hello,
I have had good results with the Viablue epc 2 cable.
If you have the confidence to build the cable yourself, then it is worth it.

Thanks for info I just bought a nice cable from them. I was thinking Lawton but didn’t want to go that high and then Parriapt has that stupid splitter and last Hart is too thin. I have hart for my hd6xx and it’s sounds as good as more expensive cables but no girth. So try LQI brand.

Placed my order for Lawton Purplehearts! 3 weeks out

5 Likes

Glad they’re bringing back the PH. I thought that was going to be discontinued.

Yeah, I read that here. Figured it wouldn’t hurt to ask. Luck out, really.

He told me he wasn’t going to make anymore purple heart or bloodwood because the color wasn’t guaranteed to come out well even after a lot of work has already been put in. I guess enough people wanted it that he felt is was worth it.

So two questions. Do you have any pictures of the cups you ordered and are there any more?

1 Like

Same here, that’s why I decided to go with the Koa when I did mine.

1 Like