Let's discuss conductive grease

Researching some ways to improve the speaker cable contacts to the respective amps and speaker connectors. Thinking that this would help not only in a dissimilar metals situation. But also to actually improve connectivity by filling in the gaps and smoothing micro irregularities in the metals. Probably a cheap thing to try in our hobby and if all else fails, can certainly use it in other areas such as AC outlet. A lot of people talk about this using dialectic grease, but that type of grease is to prevent arching, itā€™s an insulator instead of what you want which is conductivity ergo this type of product. Thoughts? First hand experience?

Wondering if thereā€™s any benefit since what I currently use before I insert the RCA, XLR or speaker cables is this:

Contact cleaners to get help a bad relay/contacter over the weekend are one thing, having some random grease (which may or may not drip) near expensive components, not so sure.

Donā€™t.
Messing with AC outlets is the second best way to burn down your house.

3 Likes

Hahaha! Thinking out loud. I wouldnā€™t be slathering it on to that point but I get what youā€™re trying to say. A burned down house all in the name of chasing the audiophile ā€œairā€ not the best of trade offs.

Well if you end up getting better sound out of it I think that would be worthwhile lol. Why worry about the room when you can eliminate it from the equation because itā€™s been burned down

1 Like

hmmm, i wonder if my headphones will sound better if i slather some of that stuff into my 1/4 port

Only one way to knowā€¦

Thereā€™s a DIY speaker builder I watch and he measures his stuff outside and elevated off the ground, so thereā€™s something to that.

The roof is on fire!

1 Like

Great way to see if an amp has overcurrent protectionā€¦

In other words: Donā€™t short out your amp!

:japanese_goblin:

So, how did it go? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I blew up the amp. its on fire right now

2 Likes

I smell a good deal comming now, cheap amp for sale!

Quick, get out the HD600s.

lol why get out the hd600?

It benefits from a little added warmth.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s quick AND funnyšŸ˜‚

The ChordOhmic Transmission Fluid is available now priced at Ā£200 (10ml) :joy::rofl::joy: or should it beā€¦

3 Likes