Let's talk about Axiom speakers

Useless in an apartment. I have been thinking about selling them and buying the bigger Vanatoo’s for my living room. I think they are T1E’s. It is just for light duty audio now.

My audio worshipping is now done in the headphone corner. :smile:

really really really really banged and badly used. violated.
stretched out. i will remember this for long time.
im just too (kinky) can’t get that out of mind as a “port”.

buuut, she’s still got lots of miles left in 'er…right?

This thread… smh :dizzy_face:

1 Like

There are drivers with waveguides that have a similar organic feel to them as the port on the Axioms (pun intended).

PTT4.0W04-perspective-20deg-75deg-440x440

Might as well paint the port cherry pink.

I emailed Axiom asking what the idea behind their weird looking porting is. I’ll update you all when I hear back from them :slight_smile:

2 Likes

hey Shane, how would you describe the sound from the M60’s? warm? neutral? or cool?

I haven’t even thought about that in years. They have been TV speakers for the past six years. I remember clear and clean. And they would put some rumble in the floor when you cranked up the NAD amp, which was every weekend in a house.
I think, with that amp, I would say warm. I LOVED that combo.

1 Like

so nobody here has experience with Axiom amp’s? whether they’re their own product or something rebranded, etc?

They started making those just after I bought my speakers. As I recall, I think they were digital and they were very pricey.

1 Like

they’re definitely not inexpensive…starting at $795 and rising up to $3400.

$795.00 is a lot cheaper than I remember. My speakers were $1,000.00 and I think their first amp was well over that. I am thinking about $1,500.00-$2,000.00. And that was a decade ago!

Holy crap their M60’s now start at $1,750.00 per pair in US$'s! :scream:

And the M60’s are now $2,134.00, plus 15% tax!

1 Like

really bugs me that they don’t advertise in CAD when they’re a CAD company.

wonder if they give price breaks for CDN clientel like MTA.

If you go to their deals page, you can pick Canadian currency. Their pricing has gone nuts!
They are now (like everyone) going against online shops, many of which also give free shipping. That was their big advantage years ago.

Of course I haven’t priced Paradigm recently either.

With desktop and headphone systems getting so great and so cheap, I wonder how they are doing now. Retail has NEVER been more competitive.

1 Like

they not only have free shipping…they essentially give you a free 30 day demo to decide if you wish to keep them. if you don’t want them, you have to pay return freight, but they issue you return labels on their account to save how much that would cost otherwise. with something like that built in to heir offer…it’s gotta be covered somehow. :stuck_out_tongue:

btw, do you know what the difference between floor standing and omni directional is?

That was always their policy. That is why I tried them out. I think ten years ago they would actually cover the shipping back, as they were building their name. It was a risk-free trial so I said sure. Way cheaper than my local stores and no risk. I’ll bet at least 95% of people kept them. And they had/have staff you can email back and forth with to narrow down your decision and find what fits you. They were very nice speakers at a great price.

A LOT of money. :laughing:

aye…but what do you get for twice the starting price?

I’m too poor to even look. :grin:

And my days of killer towers are long over.