Lets talk about your tips! ;)

Almost ordered those from AZ JP, but dropped it. They seem short

Stem sure does look short. Probably why it is made for TWS. They look pretty similar to the regular spiral dots though…

1 Like

Just received this which was faster then the radius deep mount which I ordered earlier. Amazing

1 Like

What IEMs are you using them on?

Variations

Not sure if you want wide bore on that one, so Sedna might not be the best for them, but YMMV. Radius is good anywhere, tho :slight_smile:

Dont forget that you can create your own wide-bore tips if you dont have any.

3 Likes

Yes! This is also awsome with E-Pro Horns :slight_smile:

I do have the e horn tips. Guess the sedna has the best isolation among the other tips I tested. Now waiting for the radius deep mount to compare

1 Like

Wide bore is not bad on the Variations, though I use the Spinfit CP155 on mine which is a wide and long tip since I like what it does more then my Sedna tips.

1 Like

Yeah, never tried Variations, but my guess would be CP100 (i prefer CP100 to 145 because it’s wider and you can insert deeper. CP145 stab my ear drum :rofl:) or Radius. Azla is awsome for soundstage on my Lands, but their nozzle is like a tree.

For confort and seal, spinfit wins everyday in my ears. Just wish they sounded diferent

I can not stand the CP100 but so many people recommend Spinfits I was going to give them a second chance and accidentally got the 155 instead of the 145, which are very different as a last chance. Fell in love with what they did to the Variations.

2 Likes

155 seem more of my liking than 145, according to measurements. Tips are personal, either they work for you, or they don’t.

It’s a shame most stock tips suck.

1 Like

I am strangely a fan of Fiio’s stock tips. I actually like them. Some companies I can tolerate their tips and most just stay in their box forever.

2 Likes

Fiio’s FH3/FD5 are the best stock tips I got to date, I think. I like the red/black ones for basssssss

2 Likes

I almost used the “vocal” red and clear tips on the FD3 as my preferred tips, but the Sedna crystal tips are just that little bit better.

1 Like

Strange although sednafit has a wider bore. But cp155 match better in variations

2 Likes

Bore size and materials can work in weird ways.

Spiral Dots have the largest bore of any tips on the market, and I find that they tend to bring the treble forward, which was not what I expected.

I also find that I tend to like the way drums sound on some of the clear tips, like the Spinfit or Sedna. I assume that it absorbs some of the sound in a way that my ears appreciate.

I know that many people love the foam tips, but I have small canals, and they are uncomfortable. Even the small Comply and Dekoni tips put too much pressure in my ears. I use foam ear plugs to shoot, so I am pretty familiar with the process, and use the one size fits all ear plugs.

At this point my favorite tips are the SpinFit CP100 ( small ), with the Final Audio Series E right behind them. I also like the stock Moondrop tips, which are very similar to the Series E tips.

This discussion, along with about a half dozen other similar ones, got me to finally break down and buy some SednaEarfit XELASTEC ear tips. I removed the Spinfit CP100 I had in Moondrop Aria IEMs and put the SednaEarfit on, and gave them a wear for a day. I figured go for the pair I have been wearing, so I know what they sound like.

My first observation is they have a much wider bore opening, and as expected I was listening I definitely lost some bass response vs the Spinfit I had removed. Later in the day I ran with one of each for a bit, and it was noticeable, but not huge. They might be a nice way to pull back the bass on a pair of ear buds.

The material is very tacky, so they stay in position very nicely, and they almost make a pop when you remove them. They would be a nice middle ground between silicone and foam tips ( which most people with small ear canals find uncomfortable ), or fantastic for working out.

@Resolution any point in grabbing cp100+ if I have the normal ones?