Lets talk about your tips! ;)

Lol, yeah. I paid 20$ for tips + 20$ for another size and I paid 40$ for my KZs. :stuck_out_tongue:

DIY silicone custom ear molds from Radians. Totally worth it! Im now never going back to tips. I have tried various tips. all of them hurt my ears after like an hour of listening.
Now I can have long listening sessions and feel nothing at all!

4 Likes

They are good, but if someone is doing it for the first time I recommend multiple packs in case you mess up. Iā€™m in agreeance, but I try to use tips due to others being able to try as well etc.

No way Iā€™m spraying gap filler into my ears lolā€¦ Just ordered some Symbio wā€™s just to try ā€˜em like :+1:

3 Likes

I almost exclusively use Symbio W tips on all my IEMs. theyā€™re the best fitting and isolating tips Iā€™ve been able to find. You have to find the right sizes for your ear tho otherwise these fuckers hurt so badā€¦ like my ears are bleeding. I use a small for my right and medium for my left and the comfort is perfect. The hybrid design is great as well, these isolate so well but last so much longer than regular foam tips. Iā€™ve been using a pair on my TIN T2 since the end of June and you can not even tell a difference between them and my newer pairs.

2 Likes

I like the comply memory foams

1 Like

Stumbled across these on Amazon. Imagine ikko i-planet tips but a normal shape. I love them. They seel great, are comfortable for hours and are not too expensive (cheaper than trash ass comply tips). Only the MxxxS sizes are the same kind if material as the ikko tips and the M430S is a bit tight on IEMs like the Tin P1, T2, and Shuoer Tape but still fit.

3 Likes

Good call, these tips are great on my ikko oh1. They also work well on my Guideray gr-i58, which are the best $50 IEMā€™s that Iā€™ve ever heard. I also recently tried Symbio tips and they fit great but they can add some treble, so they work better with a warm or neutral treble IEM.

Westone Reds are awesome, thanks for recommending them. I have them on my Shure SE215 and couldnā€™t be happier .

So far I have used New Bees, Spin fits, and Shure foam tips. Surprisingly, New Bees are my favorite and a great value buy. I want to try the Tin T foam tips to see the hype.
Iā€™m actually not a huge fan of Spin fits, but can understand the hype behind them, especially if one is more active.

DESPERATELY SEEKING RECOMMENDATIONS.

I need help here. I have Tin T2s and P1s and a 1More Quad. Iā€™m having a lot of trouble finding tips that work with the Tins. Does anyone know if itā€™s possible to find clones of the oblong, narrow-bore, single-flange Klipsch silicon tips? Those are by far the best Iā€™ve ever used, but no amount of wriggling will get the actual Klipsch tips to fit over a T1 or P1. The nozzle sizes are just far too different.

I think if I could find such a thing, Iā€™d be in heaven. The smaller 1More tips work pretty well on the Quads, but thatā€™s largely because their housings are so well shaped to stay away from the lobes. Meanwhile, the T2sā€™ shapes just donā€™t conform to any human ear, and the P1s, while much more nicely shaped, have way too short a nozzle. And, of course, of all the accessory boxes to go missing, the absolutely loaded 1More box is MIA.

The length is my problem. I strongly prefer silicon, and my ears take a smaller tip ā€“ around 11.5 or 12 mm. The memory foam tips from the P1s are a fine length and good shape, but I hate the material. Yes, theyā€™re very comfortable, and they isolate OK, but it is such a pain in the ass to get them positioned, and they never feel like theyā€™re as solidly in place as well fitted silicon tips do. I need to be able to remove and replace my buds many times throughout the day at work, and silicon tip comfort has never bothered me, really.

On a partially related note: Itā€™s really too bad the 1More Quads donā€™t sound better than they do, because those might be highest-build-quality IEMs Iā€™ve ever seen. They feel like you could hammer nails with them all day and theyā€™d still seat and play perfectly.

1 Like

Have you tried Spinfit or Symbio W tips? They have memory foam on the inside to get a good fit, but are silicone on the outside. Lots of different shapes you can find.

1 Like

I actually saw them on Amazon and thought they looked like they had potential. Iā€™ll go see if thereā€™s like a variety pack I can pick up. Thanks. If anyone else has any recs, Iā€™m probably going to end up taking a deep dive trying to find the right tips.

1 Like

No problem. Iā€™m on a wild goose chase myself to find tips that fit in my tiny left ear canal for my BLON BL-03. All of the foam tips I tried fit my right ear fine, but they wonā€™t go into my left ear canal, too big.

1 Like

Sometimes it isnt necessarily the tips that cause fit issues, but the nozzle length, diameter, and the overall shape of the housing. The BLON and the ibasso it01 both didnā€™t fit me cause of all of the above.

Finally got a set of large Spinfit 155s, and they have done the trick. Thank you for the recommendation! Not quite as sublime as the patented (and thus not apparently cloned anywhere) Klipsch tips (itā€™s a high bar to meet), but longer than the Tin OEM tips by just enough that the big bulky housings of the T2s stand up out just away from my ear lobe ridge even when I push in to get what feels like a great seal.

The ony caveat is Iā€™d probably try 145s first, for anyone considering Spinfits, because they would probably still fit the P1/T2 nozzle, but being smaller, would grip it tigher. The 155s slide on and fit properly, but it doesnā€™t feel like thereā€™s a lot of tension holding them on the nozzles. They donā€™t feel like theyā€™re gonna come out or anything, but I would maybe hesitate to take them to the gym like this. I mean for one thing it would be hard to find a place to plug in my DAC and shit at the gym, but also the fitment thing with the 155s is on that list somewhere tooā€¦

Symbio peel and spinfit cp145 work for meā€¦

Are these by any chance smaller than the comply tips? I currently have the T-500 I think, but they feel just a bit too bi. They start our comfortable but they get slightly uncomfortable after a while but most irritatingly they make my ear canals itchy. The stock tips that came with my FA1 donā€™t fit well en feel like they are coming loose if I moved my head or eat something. I also ordered the hs17 to try, but these were larger than the t-500 so they fit worse. Stores should offer try-out packages where you can just order one pair of multiple tips in stead of buying three pairs of the same tipā€¦

So the t-500 is the size of the tube inside the tip, not the overall size. So far the Misodiko M430S have fit the nozzle on all of my IEMs (Tin T2, Tin T4, Shuoer Tape, and TFZ S2 pro) but for the Tin P1 the M550S fit the nozzle better.

In regards to the itching after a while these tips DO NOT itch. This is the main reason as to why I only use these. I donā€™t think the size is why they itch, I think itā€™s the foam as I have had the same problem with tips that are the same size as the Misodiko tips just different materials. They donā€™t stay in place while chewing but have never fallen out on me from normal movement and have even stayed in after an accidental tug or two.

The size I linked are M430S (4.3mm tube) mediums. These are the ones that will fit most IEMs the best but they only come in medium, no small or large.

A VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: this only applies to the kinds that have an S at the end of the name like M430S and M550S. If there is not an S then I donā€™t know what it is like exactly (I would imagine dekoni-ish).

Thanks! Iā€™ll order a bunch of tips in s/m/l sizes in a while. A lot of them are very hard to obtain (spinfit, dekoni, symbio) so Iā€™ll skip them, but the m550s go on the list. So far I have the New Bee, INAIR and Misodiko S550 on the list.

My issue is mostly with the depth I think, I just cut a piece off the hs17 and the comfort is way better now. Letā€™s see if they stop itchingā€¦