Lets talk about your tips! ;)

Ahh, you know and I know.
Was expecting you to pop up anytime, PERFECTION :rofl:

1 Like

I have a bot searching searching for keywords. Everytime someone types Tea, RSV or EJ07m, my phone rings. 🤷

2 Likes

6 Likes

Need to get myself some new tips for the Trinity Brass that I just got, They sound pretty great with the spiral dots that I have but due to the deeper fit I need to get smaller tips than the ones I have. I’m thinking something wide bore like the spiral dots as I prefer the openness that they bring over the final e tips.

Anyone got any suggestions? Currently thinking of just getting the fx11 spiral dots but I’m not sure what other wide bore tips I could get.

1 Like

Thanks for that, looks like the ones I’m most interested in are all relatively difficult to get :joy:

The FAudio FA Instrument, Sony Triple Comfort & Sony EP-NI1000L (hybrid) tips all look pretty interesting to me, does anyone know where to easily get them? I am having a bit of trouble finding them in stock.

Acoustune AET06 also look good but in this case due to them being double flange I don’t think they’d be something that’d work with the trinity for me because of the deeper fit.

Check out

and amazon japan

1 Like

Thanks for that, I’ll need to keep an eye out for when they come back into stock

1 Like

If anyone knows when Moondrop is planning on selling the newly designed “Kato” spring/ribbed tips separately, I’m all ears.

2 Likes

Ribbed for extra pleasure?

1 Like

been playing with the DQ6 for a bit with Tanchjim filters. exceptional for the price. tip rolled a ton but still got a peak at 9500hz that showed up occasionally in music.

turns out I had bought some tips a year ago that actually make the DQ6 sound great for me without the Tanchjim filters.

the tuning change i’m getting from them is like a hybrid between standard silicone and foam. it’s a very soft rubbery type of silicone, almost a spongy quality to it but still smooth like standard silicone. In hindsight makes a lot of sense when you hear what effect it has on tuning. Basically just attenuating upper mids and treble but not as bad as foams.

fyi, very similar internal core structure as the Final Type E so it’s a fairly standard fit on the nozzle/stem and happens to lock onto the DQ6 stem nicely

those are the two stores i bought from a year ago to try out, still the exact same listing so hopefully they haven’t physically changed in the meantime. looks like there are some more listings under “powerbeats” tips

4 Likes

Looking for some suggestions on tips to try with my UM 3DT. Currently on the largest stock tip but getting right seal is a bit hit and miss (still the best from the tips I have). Tips will need to be fairly short approx. 8mm, to fit a wide nozzle (3DT nozzle is approx 5mm) and a wide bore. Was thinking of trying the SednaEarfitLight Short but other suggestions welcome.

Have tried SF CP100 and 145s but either can’t get a seal I’m happy with, or they try to suck my brain out through my ears. Other tips I have won’t fit the nozzle and I don’t want to force it.

AZLA SednaEarfit is already excellent. But you might want to give a try to JVC Spiral Dots or their softest model aka ++. I’m a big fan of their natural sound.
Normal: JVC Spiral Dot Silicone Eartips
++: https://www.amazon.com/JVC-EP-FX10-Spiral-Dot-Earpieces/dp/B08KSJJYST/

And I’m really digging the Tanchjim eartips, they are short, comfy, and sound great with the narrow/wide options to find your favorite synergy. TANCHJIM T-APB T300B+T300T High Quality Sound Transmisson Air Pressur

2 Likes

Sedna short would work. It measures 8mm. The regular Sedna are pretty rough material so if you want soft go with the light version.
You can also try the CP360.

2 Likes

Thanks - spiral dots might work but from looking at the Tanchjim tips the core looks to be harder plastic(?) and the profile of the bore I doubt they’ll fit on the 3DT.

Yeah, think it will have to be the Sedna tips. Overall size looks good but according to the specs the CP360 internal bore is smaller than the CP100, and it’s a struggle getting the 100s on so don’t think the 360s will work.

1 Like

These flip tips are almost the same shape as the Radius Deep Mount tips.

I was in need for tips for my Anker Liberty Air 2. I took some random foam tips and cut the head of the foam tip with a scissor till it was so short the plastic tube in the middle almost poked out. Fits perfectly. Good seal, good sound.

Yeah, that’s how I used complys on Variations and now on RSV. Its an easy way.

I usually use Mele tips tho, since they so short :joy:

1 Like

After reading through this entire thread I decided to go for the Final E type for my Blon BL03’s. The Xelastec’s seem to not have good durability and I can’t rationalize potentially spending 25$ every 3 months. I may also try the SPinfit CP 100’s/ 145’s. Apart from those, I have the Symbio W’s on my list as well. The Spiral Dots and Deep Mounts are basically impossible to get in Canada for a decent price so they will remain in the back of my mind. Thanks for all the suggestions, everyone. I’m in the market for a decent BL03 upgrade $100-200 CAD but I know there are a few other threads for that questions. I Just recognize a few active people in here from other threads that may be able to point me to a good thread.

1 Like