Lets talk about your tips! ;)

So I got these and quite happy with the Spiral dots, sound is very good with the Tri i3 and the Isn H40, more comfortable than others (to me).
As for the Final I’m unfortunately surprised in not a good way to see that their L size is in fact smaller than all my other L sized tips so I do not know if I’ll be able to use them (I must keep trying them yet). Also ordered Azla Sedna short from Amazon.com (Only place with Mtmaudio I could find them in stock).

2 Likes

I like spiral dot’s which being a wide bore tip push the mids and treble forward a tad compared to say a spin fit with a their smaller bore, I use both of these on my sets.
I got some Final tips with my Andro’s which i’ve not used however they do come in a larger breakdown of sizes than most tips (xs/s/m/l/xl) so maybe that explains the size disparity?

2 Likes

Yea a variety pack is the way to go, or for slightly more just get an e1000 and have color coded tips and a free iem as backup.

2 Likes

I have Cp145’s so that is what I was looking for, wider bore. Very similar to the Ikko short silicones sound wise.

1 Like

Now I know I need the LL size lol.

I finally ordered azla tips, looks like they are roughly a size larger compared to spirals. Will keep everyone posted

3 Likes

Any advise regarding proper insertion of iem to get better seel? I remember someone posting a technique they were told and was surprised at how good it worked. I looked for it but couldn’t find it cause I forgot what he had suggested.

Pull the upper tip of you ear up and out (gently) while inserting the tip. That helps.

1 Like

So I like the standard Azla’s enough to order some lights as well. I will say that they further improve comfort due to being even longer than Spirals on my Blon 03 as well as my Meze Rai Solo. They are firm enough to be easily attached to my EX800st, but not a good sound change imo. Too forward vocals and bass roll off on the Sony so not recc’ed for them. I think the standards are prob. sealing better than the Spirals so there is a touch more bass on something like a Blon when comparing them back and forth. I’m interested in the sonic characteristics of the light and hoping they fit being closer to Spirals etc.

Lastly for deep insertion IEMs you will likely have to go 2 sizes smaller than other tips due to how large these are. Tried on my L3s and it was a problem.

1 Like

Just wanted to tip you guys on the Sony Ep-EX11 tips (Sony “Hybrid” tips, not the ones with Silicone + foam). They are quite cheap at amazon japan. In fact they are much cheaper than the Final Type E tips which are the most similar to the Hybrid tips.

You get 2 pairs with the hybrids at 362 yen and 3 pairs at 980 yen with the Type E.

Sound wise they are near identical sounding to me, both are making the bass tighter and makes the treble less peaky. With fit the Hybrids have some more “gripping” to it due to the surface material “sticking” to your ears easier.

They are just a tiny bit shorter in height so with shorter bores (like the blon 03) the Type E should fit better, but otherwise the Hybrids are better for me with fit and also cheaper.

5 Likes

I’ve been waiting for these to pop up on Amazon and was reminded after watching BGGAR’s video this morning. Looks like they’ve been available since end of June.

3 Likes

Yea I’ve gone full retard and ordered some as well as some spiral ++ smh, so fun times lol

1 Like

I was hunting for these after the video and couldn’t find them. Thank you for the link! Just put in an order for M & L sizes.

2 Likes

Oooohhh interesting. These look pretty neat. Paired with a clear set of IEMs where you could see all the internals would be a cool look. (I’m a sucker for aesthetics.)

1 Like

Well the Xelastec tips came in and damn if I didnt just get a headache and almost throw up from the bass with those on my OH10s lmao. Very good seal and comfort, very happy bggar recced them! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Been using the Xelastec’s for a few days now and I have to say that these are really interesting ear tips. To my ears, they basically accentuate the sonic performance and tonal properties that your IEMs are capable of producing. However, it can definitely exacerbate if your music is heavy on the low end or peaky in the treble region. It kind of made me nauseas listening to EDM on the Blon’s. It’s actually really fun, but it’s not going to be for everyone. Ran through most of my IEMs with these tips and had the most fun with the Blon 03, Fiio FH7, and Tin P1’s. It was like hearing all of them for the first time all over again.

4 Likes

Thanks!!! This is so true. They fit on all IEMs I’ve tried so far. My list(with Xelastec tips):

Meze Rai Solo- heavy recc!
Sony EX800st- heavy recc!
L3- recc
Starfield- maybe too much bass, but does tighten it up. Possible more peak as well.
Blon 03- Borderline murder bass in Rap/EDM good otherwise.

OH10- Tight and impactful, disorientating LOL Also Sharp vocals.

1 Like

I’m getting these Xelastec tip in tomorrow. I’ll report in how they fit and sound on the Tin P1, T2, T4, and Shuoer Tape.

4 Likes

Mine should be here today. Can’t wait to try them. Thanks for your thoughts on them.

My IEM list so far…

Moondrop Starfield
Moondrop KXXX
Urbanfun
Legacy 3
Mangird Tea
Blon BL-03
Tin T2
Fiio Fh7

1 Like

Nice, yea I wanted to list out my reactions to different ones I had on hand, best experiences are with ones that have neutral bass. Ones that are prominent with bass rip my face off with the punch you get from these tips. Lol it is fun and glad I have them. I should get the Spiral Dot ++ in on Monday too :wink: