Lets talk about your tips! ;)

Sorry. I hear ya. The sticky surface is awesome to getting that great seal, but they do effect the sound of the IEM. I feel they make the IEM generally more energetic which might not be what you’re looking for.

I struggle with fit constantly. I suggest continuing to try everything you can until you find what works. Just remember that if a tip fits your ear with a specific tip does not mean that tip will work across the board with every IEM unfortunately. :frowning:

2 Likes

The Xelastec tips worked with all 4 IEMs I mentioned (T2, P1, T4, and Tape). My ears seem to be pretty consistent when it comes to fit. My ear canals are pretty large, so as long as the body of the IEM doesn’t get in the way or the nozzles is way to short, the fit pretty much is totally dependant on the tip. Basically, if the tip works with the T2 it will more than likely work with any other IEM.

You could always try a custom shell? You could get a custom Legacy 3 for a very reasonable price.

1 Like

But that’s a Harman tuned IEM, and I pretty much hate the harman tuning. This is my issue with IEMs. I really enjoy the T2 and P1 and would like to get something higher end, but tips make it hard to use IEMs and the harman tuning makes it hard to look at anything outside of the kilobuck range where the Harman tunings become rare (it’s like those companies are doing something other than just following stupid trends).

1 Like

Anyone here use kz starline tips I ordered a set of all 3 sizes just out of curiosity cause they are so cheap. What do you think of em?

I have used them in the past, I did the same thing and ordered a bunch off of aliexpress since they are really cheap.

I like them, the mediums fit in my ear really snug. They used to be my go to tips for my guideray and JadeAudio EA3 when I had those. Not bad for what they cost imo they are a pretty popular tip for this reason

Thinking about picking up the Xelastec tips to try with my BL-03 and my Shozy 1.1. I’m curious to try a wide bore tip on the BL-03 because I’m wondering if it will even out the bass a lil’ bit and bring out a little more detailed sound as a result. Right now I’m using the Final E tips and my understanding is that their narrow bore generally emphasizes bass and possibly tames treble. They work really well on the 1.1 but I’m not certain about them on the BLON. Anybody have the Final tips and the Xelastec tips and can tell me what sizes you wear in each for reference? Bonus points if you can tell me your exact fit for both on the BL-03.
Looks like you can get a 3 pack of different sizes on Amazon now but I’d rather buy the exact size I need and save a few bucks.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08BRGHYVN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_ALPlFbSK7ZRGH

Final E = LL
Spinfits Cp145 = L
JVC Spiral dot = L
Azla Sedna = ML
Azla Xelastec = ML

I personally prefer the normal sedna tips over the xelastec.

1 Like

You are the man! Super helpful info here. Are these the ones you are talking about?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083GF9N81/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_d7QlFb13P25JS
And do you prefer them over the Xelastec specifically for the BLON or in general? Also are they your favorite on the BLON or do you have another go-to?

Any good tips for the BL03s besides the tips from the Sony MH755s? Just curious since I might as well use a bit of money to buy some that I got from my parents as a graduation gift.

There are 4 different azla sedna variations. They have short black, black, light, light short.
They are all pretty similar though.

I prefer them over Xelastec in general (I liked the Sound with blon 03 a bit more though but the Xelastec is very annoying to insert and is less conformable.)

I am using the spiral dot++ on the blon 03 (along with an o-ring to extend it a bit)

1 Like

That for the win, it was the only way I could get my 03’s fit.

Great, thanks! I’m probably either going to try the Sedna black tips or Spiral Dots. I have been using the o-ring trick as well and it works like a charm.

Np, azla tips are the cheaper ones I believe so they are better in terms of price/value. The spiral dot++ has a very soft material and feels good but for the most part I believe the azlas helps more with fit.

Spirals are my preferred tip for the blons, but the sedna tips help to extend the iem a few mm if you are having fit issues and sound close enough to the spirals that is not a big issue.

I run M or MS for spirals and the same for sedna tips. for Xelastec you have to go at least 1 size down from normal in my experience.

Ok, looks like the L size fits me best in the Final tips.

So thinking that means I should go “ML” for the Sednas?

Hmm unsure, since I use LL. Take a look at the measurements of the l sized type e and compare it to the azlas.

Went ahead and placed an order for the ML size. We will see what happens. The largest Final tips fit me as well, they are just a little awkward to get in and the next size down feels a little more comfortable and gives the same amount of seal. So hopefully the ML size on the Sedna tips will work. Should know by Monday!

1 Like

Got my Azla tips today. I really like the materials and design on these. I underestimated the size difference though. The ML fits me but it’s shallow. If I try to insert it to the proper depth it gets uncomfortable. I think it’s partly because of the much larger center bore and the stiffer material (I got the black ones). So I’m returning the ML size and just ordered size M. Hopefully that will be the ticket because I like what they do to the sound on the BLON. It feels like they get to open up and shine a little more than they were with the Final tips.

2 Likes

Ok, I’ve read through this whole thread, and have gotten some ideas for some tips to try, but before I do…for any others that have issues keeping IEMs in their ears, especially when moving around or chewing, what tips do you find best at staying put and also sounding good?

Comply foam seems to do the best thus far, apart from stock tips (Shouer Tape and KZ ZS10 Pro), but the wear out quickly, I don’t find them all that comfortable, and they still start slipping a bit if i get the slightest bit warm and start to sweat.