šŸ”¶ Letshuoer S12

I defer to @nymzā€™s post: The Tea Party - nymz's opinions and experiences sharing/discussion - #1248 by nymz

2 Likes

I went back to stock. The S12 is the perfect generalist IEM. When Iā€™m in need for sub-bass therapy I use my ISN H40 or the Moondrop Variations.

2 Likes

Ooh yeah the ISN H40 are a nice warm set right? nice!

nice and warm indeed

1 Like

Has anyone compared the s12 to the P1 Plus?

Yes. Iā€™ve had both. Itā€™s a bloodbath in favour of s12

6 Likes

S12 arrived today and currently listening to them as I type so very early impressions.
I have an OG Timeless (de-grilled/filtered) and a 2nd gen Timeless (stock).
Early thoughts are the S12 is slightly cooler in presentation probably due to the steeper pinna and extended upper frequency and it has a smidge more mid-bass but less sub-bassā€¦but itā€™s all rather marginal.
At this very early stage Iā€™d say I still prefer my straight-piped OG Timeless but prefer the S12 to the filtered 2ng gen Timeless but will do further listening over the weekend to confirm my initial thoughts.

6 Likes

Crinacle has first impressions (@09:21) and measurements of the S12.

7 Likes

Heya, finally had some time to A/B the S12 against the O2 for the two tracks you requested.
Extrawelt

• 1:55 higher notes clearly discernible on both. S12 high hats are crisper
  • At 2:05: really feel the bass with O2. Decent mid bass on S12 but sub-bass roll-off. S12 has bass, but at 2:05, it doesnā€™t thump my brains like O2 (even though O2 is not a bass-head set, it still has decent sub-bass)

Laurent Garnier
S12

• Decent impact of the bass rhythm
  • Separation good
  • 2:20 can hear the bell-like notes nicely forward compared to bass and other background notes
  • Decent energy in the high hats
  • 3:50: wacking in the background very distinct

O2

• Better imaging. At 0:55 thisā€¦triangle like sound - I can imagine the person moving the instrument in a circle after hitting it. On the S12, this sounds more metallic, and doesnā€™t sound so obviously moving in circles
  • Again, thumping bass notes
  • Wacking sounds less clear on O2

Hope this heps!

7 Likes

For king Laurent Garnier, S12 is a detail beast. I luv it.

And by random chance, Iā€™m writting this while using S12 and hearing Crispy Baconā€¦ Fate? I think not :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Thank you so much for this very detailed comparison!!! It seems pretty close.

It makes me want to listen to my O2. I will listen to these two songs tonight and check with your notes.

1 Like

Thatā€˜s nice. Heā€˜s very critical, so him being impressed with an initial 5/5 is quite something.

2 Likes

Precogā€™s review: https://www.headphones.com/community/reviews-learning-and-news/letshuoer-s12-planar-take-two

4 Likes

I finally took some time and figured out how to achieve good recording results with my new MiniDSP EARS. MiniDSP demos sound much more natural and pleasing for comparisons.

Iā€™m pretty satisfied with the result S12 vs. Ikko OH10 I guess this worthy the tag sound demo.

Listening with headphones is highly recommended.

4 Likes

Nice progress man! Quick question: did you volume match between the two sets? S12 sounds so much clearer but Iā€™m not sure if it is also louder

Thanks and yes all recordings are normalized to max headroom with RX Elements.

2 Likes

Does anyone have driver flex?

Hmm havenā€™t felt it no

Itā€™s happening only when putting on, just the right side, nothing extreme. Asked Joseph if this could damage something in the long term but got no conclusive answer. Heard reports of the same thing with Timeless.

Let me know if this is any good. I think itā€™s helping a bit with reccesed vocal and treble glare. Ops change 1k one to 250 one