đŸ”¶ Letshuoer S12

3 Likes

In the video of the reviewer BGGAR of 50-300€ tops he puts the S12 and for example the Yanyin Cannon with the value of “S” ahead of the Kato and the Timeless which have “A”.

In his drive ranking (which seems to be up to date) he puts the Timeless and the S12 on the same. The Cannon one category down and sinks the moondrop kato down.

I don’t get it at all. Even they contradict themselves with the damn tier lists.

1 Like

S12 is more affordable so it sometimes gets credit for that. So maybe one is a price adjusted value scale while the other is straight up apples to apples.

2 Likes

He knocked the Timeless down mostly for their QA issues, and he said that in the video, but there are some contradictions beyond that.

His drive list shows the KATO below the T3+ and still doesn’t have the Hekili ( which he has talked about it three videos ). That is recency bias and other memory issues that we all deal with, and it isn’t like you can assess that many sets directly and actually compare them that way in a timeline for a video. It is all going to be based on memory.

2 Likes

Guys pls help me with PEQ for my S12
bit bass boost and reduce some harsh upper mids etc.

When i enter peq settings on my UAPP there are 6 band and 10 band settings not sure how to use them for S12
any suggestions of course with details how to set. Thanks for helping me out.

Try boosting lowshelf @ 125 a couple db and cutting 8000 a couple db and go from there

2 Likes

Preamp: -2.0 dB
Filter 1: ON PK Fc 20 Hz Gain 2.0 dB Q 0.500
Filter 2: ON PK Fc 8200 Hz Gain -3.0 dB Q 1.420

2 Likes

Thank you all
will try seems detailed info i can follow

1 Like

Well
i tried everything finally settled with no EQ after i changed tips to Azla crystals having strong sticky seal helps to bring out best bass and tame down treble a bit. Also changed stock spc cable with tripowin Altea pure copper litz cable
thats all S12 full potential shining with my Xduoo Link2 Bal dongle
the widest and deepest stage on S12 great bass everything else is just perfect witj this setup. Thanks.

2 Likes

do you have a link where I can order those tips?

2 Likes

I actually just bought some Crystals. Should be coming in today, and I’m hoping they’re more comfortable than the Elastecs I have.

3 Likes

The Crystals hit a middle spot on the sticky/tacky scale between the Elastecs and the Spinfit. I am a Spinfit CP100+ and Final E guy, but the AZLA Crystal is a pretty good ear tip, and on my list if I am having fit issues.

2 Likes

That’s good to hear, honestly. I think the Elestecs are a tad too tacky for me, the initial point where I put the sets in my ears it’s a tight kind of uncomfortable fit, but after a while when they warm up they’re fine I guess. I’m hoping the crystals do the trick, I will let y’all know for sure.

1 Like

Cp100 and final e tips are great
but Azla crystals have better seal overall due to thickness or materials used so better isolation and better bass overall.

2 Likes

Just paired my S12 with my Xduoo x05 plus really benefits from 1w of power vs being run off my phone in Dolby Atmos. Sounds amazing straight out of the phone but definitely extra weight given to the sound with increased power

5 Likes

could you tell appart s12 from xduoo x05 vs your phone in a blind test (with the help of someone plugging the s12 in either source and asking you which one you prefer 10 times in a row) thanks

You’d have to volume match as well. I think I can tell apart my Qudelix vs ifi Zen DAC, but I didn’t volume match. @nymz has graphed same IEMs on different sources, and there is a discernible difference, at least for sensitive IEMs.

3 Likes

XD05>phone out especially with op amp swaps

You can tell the difference but it is only a marginal improvement in weight of drum strikes. The vocals and guitars actually sound more natural on my Realme X2 Pro phone in dolby atmos. Overall not worth investing in a more powerful amp if you do not already own one imo