🔶 Letshuoer S12

Only have original opamp in mine

I have sources. Hey.

1 Like

Stop playing coy:

interesting ,can you please share these nymz graphs that show sources differences on the same iem ?

I think that what @amanieux refers is that it is not necessarily the extra power available that changes the perceived sound but the signal processing method and hardware design of the amplification section (and more and more) as with IEMs you are mostly operating in very low region of the potential output range of amp like Zen DAC :slight_smile:

1 Like

it look like gryphon is boosting bass (test is to use a sine generator like Online Tone Generator - generate pure tones of any frequency and make sure 100 hz sine is volume matched with a db meter app, what is the stock source in the first graph ?

Its not boosting bass. It’s output impendance on sensible iems. And yes, it’s audible.

This is not another “volume match and A/B” but actual facts. Same goes for other sources, not just gryphon.

4 Likes

Hey, I have that same exact combo. Great sound all around :smiley:

if you want warmer human voices , try to reduce 2k and 5k area by a couple of DBs. also use a minus HSH past 8K

2 Likes

Listened to the S12 with Qudeiix all day at work yesterday. Mostly jazz. Excellent bass and resolution with good stage. One thing I noticed though is that cymbals sound a bit artificially thin compared to my Canon - is this due to the fast decay in planars or tuning?

2 Likes

Can be any of the two or a combination of both.

2 Likes

It can be a spike in the treble region, too.

1 Like

S12 ranking pretty highly on his list!

5 Likes

With Xelastec tips the trebles are not harsh at all

Probably a bit too harsh to keep the list from breaking lol. Imagine the soft and doughy Timeless (which I like) being more technical than the S12.

So strange. I hear time and time again that the Hook has a wider stage than the Timeless and further more, the timeless has a narrow stage … but Crin says the opposite? I’ve never felt my timeless has a narrow stage but I never really had a way to compare it to too many other sets. So strange …

2 Likes

I think people have said the Timeless has good width but no depth. S12 has a little more depth, from what I’ve read. @Tonytex_Teixeira, you have all 3 - what are your thoughts on the staging?

1 Like

Between all three, stage goes Hook-X > S12 > Timeless for me.

I really do agree with Crin in some comments he made tho. Planar bracket is basicly a bunch of trade offs, and S12 at around 130 is the value winner for sure.

6 Likes