đŸ”¶ Letshuoer S12

What do you disagree with? Definitely agree with you that S12 > Timeless (haven’t heard Hook-X).

That Timeless > S12. Sure, Timeless is better tuned, but felt more grainy to my ears - as in too sharp. I’m treble sensitive and the S12 was less agressive. Also, despite Timeless being an hair more detailed, the rest of the techs go to S12 hands down.

If they costed the same, I would still pick S12, let alone the price difference.

But as always, strokes for folks and I can see, according to his way of evaluating, how he prefers Timeless and I was already expecting it.

4 Likes

Wow. I could, and have, written exactly your response word for word. Even down to being treble sensitive but S12 being less aggressive on my ears (can’t listen to Timeless with EQ) AND I would also take S12 at the same price.

Also, the bass quality is far more refined on the S12 (less bloat, more texture). Thanks for the response!

4 Likes

This matches my experience with all three models as well.

1 Like

Thank you, I never could figure out what it was that I liked about the S12, but that explains it.

My answer on which I like better depends a bit on what I am listening to, and partly on my mood. By the time I throw in build quality, QC, and price, the S12 wins easily. It is the easier one to recommend for those reasons too.

4 Likes

Timeless bro’s stay winning :sunglasses::wink:
Agreed s12 represents the best value, will be interesting to see how they price Timeless v2.

2 Likes

Gosh, yet more praise: Review: LETSHUOER S12 - The Showstopper - Headphonesty

One downside to counter this steady stream of rave reviews: I just saw someone post showing one of the shells had fallen apart (I think the glue failed). Quite surprising as I thought the S12 shell was really solid, but can happen anywhere! LETSHUOER S12 - Next big planar? (Impressions & Discussion) | Page 57 | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org

2 Likes

And yet another source putting S12 ahead of Timeless. Looking forward to how 7hz responds and what Moondrop has to bring to the table.

1 Like

S12 is a surprise
with different tips its a different presentation. Spinfits brighter
little hot depending on track. But Azla Crystals have elevated bass completely tamed brightness not to the point no air. Bass is elevated but completely different than other tips drums are more meaty. Confused which tip will i settle.

Meanwhile Olina performs like $500 iem with Ovidius B1 with its silky smooth treble presentation
mids are special for B1.

2 Likes

Moondrop Planar? if they could put their special sauce on it hell yeah

Just tried my S12s on my 4w Xduoo XA-10. Wow so much more depth to the sound! These really scale up with power!:+1:

2 Likes

Can you recommmend which budget dac/amps to use with the s12 from your experience?

1 Like

Im actually looking to get a balanced cable and a Qudelix 5k for mine

3 Likes

What’s your budget? and are you looking for a desktop or a portable option?

1 Like

For me Xduoo Link2 Bal dongle works great. I changed cable to pure copper tripowin altea no harsh upper mids or treble. Also most importantly CP100 M tips the key is to push the stem as far as it goes to the nozzle. This creates better deeper fit inside ear and great balanced sound for me
excellent for $136 i spent.

2 Likes

I typically use a Fiio BTR5, and the stock the balanced cable that came with mine. I do use a Geekria adapter, since the balanced cable is 4.4mm and the BTR5 is 2.5mm. I am using the CP100+ tips, they are just a slightly different plastic, but the same shape as the standard 100.

I am a big fan of that Tripowin Altea cable as well. I have used it with the Aria, Olina, and T3+ and been happy with the results.

2 Likes

Hi, planning to get the Fiio ka3 to pair with this? Is anyone else using the same combo? any input? Another option would be shanling ua2, not sure which one would be better synergywise.

Been pretty content in the hobby lately, but picking up a pair of these to see what more properly tuned planars sound like in the sub 300$space I live in lol. Hoping it will be awesome. Will report back after Tuesday for you folks. :smiley::+1:

1 Like

Ok so after a few hours with them, really glad these are available at their price. They are a v as others mentioned, but the treble, while emphasized, is not unpleasant. They are fast so any sibilance doesn’t come across as painful even though it is more present. Foams and Crystals do match them from what I can tell. Overall really good bass detail, good mids slightly recessed, and spicy but not painful treble. Timbre is more metallic due to the treble influence, but that makes it more like a Focal, just missing some of the mids imo.

3 Likes

The S12 is all upper treble; well outside the painful 3KHz to 6KHz range that bothers me when too elevated. Analytical and fun at the same time. Works best with busy, fast tracks. Can always EQ down the upper treble and lean the bass for more mid centric appeal, but I find it needs lower Q factor values for PEQ.

2 Likes