🔶 Letshuoer S12

Yepp same 3-6k area. And yea I messed with some basic eq, like down 2db at 8k and it sounded about perfect to me so these are really solid. Also tip rolled to epro horns on these and they get more slam and it edges over any sharpened edges it feels like. They are tight in all the right ways.

2 Likes

S12 is very sensitive with dac in my perception here… With hiby FC3 dongle is way much treble and sibilance but with the Fiio K5 pro is other story… the treble is tamed down is very pleasing to hear. With moondrop kato is almost the same sound in both dacs, i guess that is because kato don’t have this peak in the treble that S12 have.

1 Like

I got a B1s so I’ll try to run it class A to see if it improves the sound again.

The LetShuoer S12 is actually a very good IEM, but it came to life when I replaced the standard 3.5mm single-ended cable with a new 2.5mm balanced cable. The lower frequencies and the sound field have been greatly improved, for my taste, I like Rock and Heavy Metal and now the S12 is just perfect. I use a Fiio BTR5 2021. The cable I used was an OpenHeart Grizzly.

3 Likes

I ordered mine with the 4.4mm balanced, and use an adapter to run it with the the 2.5mm on the BTR5, and I agree it sounds great on that. I think it is the extra headroom and power that you get with the balanced connection, and planars do like a bit more power.

1 Like

Special Edition oh yeah new colors and new tuning

7 Likes

Are these Zeos edition?

If anybody would like to enter the giveaway of a set of the S12, check out the Acho Reviews thread. I’m not going to cross post the link to avoid spamming it too much :wink:

3 Likes

Not sure it was from a post on Facebook I was following I was not aware Zeos actually helps tune IEM’s?

he said that in his telegram chat

Any reviews about this one?

2 Likes

Someone mentioned it sounds like a better FD3.

The Z12 FR

1 Like

2 Likes

Is this deja vu from the KL? :joy:

3 Likes

I do have a feeling the pinna gain will be very close due to the peak alignment. If I put my S12 over 8k the pinna also rises so they should virtually be very close. The difference will be in the bass and then leaves us to discussing how much you value 1 or 2 dbs (or can even hear it).

3 Likes

2dB at the lowest end, I doubt it would be distinguishable. With some bass-heavy songs, maybe…

1 Like

Exactly. I would rather go the other way around like this:

5 Likes

Hello, I have recently gotten my S12’s and I am slowly appreciating them more. Thinking of pairing them with a Qudelix 5k with single end, but I have seen many people say that the IEM’s need more juice to get more from the bass. Is this true? Is it worth it buying the 2.5 balanced or will the single ended output be enough from the Qudelix. I have seen many people say that all it does is make your volume intervals awkward. I really like the stock S12 cable as it is.

2 Likes

Buying a balanced cable is never a bad thing, if you don’t have one already :wink:

2 Likes