šŸ”¶ LETSHUOER Z12 (Z Collab)

Nice set, Iā€™m going to buy it soon.

Hi, my first review here. Just got this yesterday and burned them for 12hrs. I am using them with jcally jm10. I know it is not good enough to drive them, but they already sound awesome.

Comparing with my Kato, I can say that I love listening to z12 more in these genres.

• Hip-hop/Rap
  • Orchestra
  • Rock
  • Metal
  • EDM

I rarely listen to these genres, but the bass and technicalities made me enjoy them. I enjoy how the guitar, drums etc sound with z12. Maybe will make me listen more on these genres haha. They are brighter than Kato, but I donā€™t find it a problem. I think Kato silver nozzle (I donā€™t use brass one because I hate green tips) excel more on vocals, kpop, jpop, and better soundstage and imaging. Vocals just sound more special with Kato and kinda lift up the singerā€™s voice characteristics. Both are good to me and Iā€™m glad to get this z12.

Btw, I am not good with reviewing, so pls take this with a grain of salt. Doing this review because I want to get a z12 4.4 cable. Then will buy Dawn to drive this z12. Excited to know how different z12 can sound with more power.

4 Likes

Iā€™m buying them if I donā€™t win them hahah

The cable looks so nice but I would like to see a gun metal version of the buds

Just arrived.
Listening to a test playlist, because I just canā€™t wait.
Ill burn them in, do some tip rolling and then post a review.

1 Like

seems awesome

I have the S12 ā€¦ but I will add a pair of Z12 to those

1 Like

Processing: AE2D9BD6-52AE-4F34-BA07-414E040A915C.jpegā€¦
So my new Z12 planar IEM just arrived today. Bought them from @HifiGo on the release date. So, got myself the Z12 along with the optional 4.4mm balanced cable.

So, letā€™s start with power requirementsā€¦yes they do require some power to get the drivers to really shine, but out of box theyā€™re really good already. I power them with my Hiby FC4 which has 340mw @32ohm at the balanced 4.4mm input which is crazy power from such a small device.

Then, as for tipsā€¦I use the standard foam tips which are included. It reduces some of the treble bite which is present while maintaining the clarity and the bass presence and cleanliness.

Iā€™ve only been using using them for the last 2 hours, and I can already say that theyā€™re my favourite iem that I own. I will let them ā€œburn inā€ for about 10-12 more hours and then have a listen again. I am sure itā€™ll be even better after a proper burn in, or perhaps itā€™ll be brain burn in, lol.

Nonetheless, this is in my opinion an excellent iem that was worth the money spent.

Conroy Scott

8 Likes

Hi & welcome to the HiFi Guides Forum.
I hope you donā€™t mind I moved your post here, the dedicated thread for the Z12.
Looks like so far you are enjoying the Z12 - that is awesome!!

3 Likes

My review.

For reference I also have OH10, Campfire Audio GLO-RION, Moondrop Aria, Kato, Quark, some others and some over heads. Tested on a Khadas Tea, Qudelix and RME ADI 2 using the stock foam tips (medium).

Comfort is good, theyre light and fit easily and well. Nothing niggling and I can wear for long periods.

Build is excellent on initial feel. Fit and finish is really good. The cable is very nice with nicley finished connectors.

Sound wise theyā€™re fast as with all planars so good detail, tuning is U shaped but they need some power and theyā€™re not exactly wide soundscape.

A good daily driver for sure for the Ā£Ā£

5 Likes

I was planning to buy S12 before, because I wanted to try this planar thing, but I saw at Hifigo there will be Z12 release. So at the release day I bought the Z12.
Build and comfort:
The build quality is great, the comfort is super. Light, small and looks awesome :smiley: The cable is the best stock cable so far I saw. I use custom cables with my other IEMs, because the stock cables are usually terrible for me.
Sound:
I was afraid looking at the graph. Iā€™m sensitive to the upper region and Z12 has more than any of my IEMs, but it was a big surprise, that I it isnā€™t too much for me :open_mouth: I donā€™t recognise metallic sound or any harshness. For example the Fiio FHE eclipse feels like a sharp knife in my earsā€¦
Iā€™m a basshead. I knew that Z12 has bass but not basshead level and that is true, but in my opinion it has decent bass. In some cases it was a surprise for me when it produced sub bass drops so strong like my Campfire Audio Vega 2020, but overall of course Z12 has less bass.
Ohh and one thing to mention. Z12 needs power. I had to raise the volume slider >twice as much as with my other IEMs.
Overall Iā€™m very happy with the Z12 :smiley:

5 Likes

Since they appear to be sold out, if anyone receives these and doesnā€™t like them, send me a dm and Iā€™ll buy them off of you

Wish I wouldā€™ve known about the Z12ā€™s.The S12 has been my go to IEM lately (next to OH10 and 7hz), having fun, paired with the Shanling UA3. I like the 7hz but thereā€™s this frequency thatā€™s piercing to my ears, like metallic sounding, i guess this is due to itā€™s sibilance nature but the s12 donā€™t have this and I think this why I like it the most, itā€™s good for gaming as well.

That color and logo on the z12 is heat tho! I want one :sweat_smile:

These arrived yesterday. Listened into the late hours. Really nice sound to them. At first the base was too much. I wasnā€™t aware iI left tuning on. With everything set flat, I was amazed. They sound really good for any genre. They sound like they should be physically larger than they are. Almost dead equal to the Tea2ā€™s. I think these are better. The Tea has a more forward sound, like the music is behind my eyeballs. This sounds like its in ear but because of the physically smaller size are much more pleasurable for long listening sessions. The base was deep but didnā€™t overwhelm me. Excellent sq. Two cables a leather neck strap and plenty of tips. Definitely a bargain.

The Z12 (Review):

Build quality is excellent, only gripe I have is the ear hooks are rather thick. Sound wise I am very impressed. The bass is tight, quick transientsā€¦ mids are clean, with some slight emphasis on the upper mids going into the trebleā€¦ the treble is a blast! Occasionally this IEM can come off as sibilant or shouty, but overall I find the tuning fun. Compared to P1 Max, I prefer P1 Max tuning as an all arounder, but I have more fun with the Z12. Compared to Timeless, timeless is slightly more refined in the upper kids and treble, but the two are so close itā€™s hard to tellā€¦ Z12 bass is a bit tighter than Timelessā€¦ overall the Z12 is growing on me more and more, and I quite enjoy it as a fun IEM. I would give this a recommendation. Stage is okay for an IEM. I found foam tips worked best for fit. Best to pair with a good source. My favorite thing about them is the color and finish, it feels really nice. Overall a solid pick and I might even recommend them over Timeless based on price aloneā€¦

If you have any questions leave a comment on my YouTube video: Z12 /vs/ Timeless /vs/ P1 Max /vs/ Dioko (First Impressions) Subjective Review Z12 /vs/ Timeless /vs/ P1 Max /vs/ Dioko (First Impressions) Subjective Review Planar IEMs - YouTube

I LOVE THEM!!! They sound awesome, tuning is amazing so much fun to listen to, just got them today and have not taken them off since. all in all a great set of IEMā€™s, that go great with the BTR7 for portable use. The balanced cable is also great. Have not had this much fun with a IEM, well ever. I love the color as well, wish I had an option for a right blue IEM, but it is what it is. all in all these are a 10-10 and i would buy them again in a heartbeat. i also love the neck strap, it just goes very well with them, as i can just let them hang when i need to interact with others. i have paid more for headphones than i did for these but these are more fun to listen to, and so comfortable with the small silicone tips. They have much more of everything compared to my previous daily driver the moondrop aria. I love my ariaā€™s but they are not balanced, and they do not sound as wonderful as these do. I have only been listening to them for about 3 hours but I cannot bring myself to take them out. I just have to Thanks for making these awesome IEMā€™s because I fell these are going to be my go to headphones for a very long time to come

1 Like

Is anyone else having driver flex issues? My LHS has started making noise on inserting/removalā€¦

Nice this looks interesting, gold/black Z12 with a modular cable ^^

Hello, this is gonna be my first review in here.

Beforehand, I wanna say many thanks for all parties involved, which is LetShuoer, Hifigo, and lastly my fav reviewers, Zeos. This unit in particular was given to me as a prize from Hifigo x Z-Reviewsā€™ last month Giveaway, I am one of the three lucky ones who was chosen.

My unit is not numbered, instead engraved with my name/initials that is DER, so I believe mine is more limited lol :joy:

Build Quality:

Iā€™ve had S12, and these are basically has the same build quality as itā€™s original- top-notch metal shells with anodized blue color for the Left bud & red for the Right bud. Unlike its original, Z12 really does well on standing out lol :joy:

For comfort, I love the comfort it brings for my ears, tell you, my ears cavities are tiny, and yet these seemingly bulky looking IEMs are soooo nice to put on, non-fatiguing and it doesnā€™t hurt my ears if used prolonged. Furthermore paired with its stock foam tips, feels like nonexistent lol

Also, the stock cable, man, this one is definitely is the most beautiful sturdy looking of a cable.

Sound Quality:

Iā€™m sucks at describing sound, so letā€™s just say that it has the most balanced sound from all collections (which I really appreciate), I currently have LetShuoer D13 & BIE Pro which is BASSHEAD Monster, and hereā€™s this one, just pleasing for my ears, I do enjoy good planars like these~

Oh yeah, I drive it using my good olā€™ VE Odyssey HD (OHD) dongle dac, but this supposedly ā€œplanar is hard to driveā€ Z12 is really easy-to-drive, so donā€™t worry if you donā€™t have any dedicated stack of dac-amp, you can just plug it directly from your phone/computer and uā€™re good to go!!

Conclusions:

Thereā€™s no reason for me to hate this beautiful piece of an IEMs.

Let me say this again, I am very thankful for this, I hope for the best for all the parties involved, especially Zeos.

Footnote: I hope ur future collab will feature some waifus lol :joy:

4 Likes

Odered the Z12s the night the were released. Recived them about ten days later and havent hardly put them upā€¦ I really love the build quality and the cables that come with them. The tuning is on point and i love the bass. Its just perfect for my taste of music and isnt overbearing even on strong bass tracts. I cant wait to listen to them with balanced cables, which im going to order this week. These iems feel like quality and sou d even better. The only nitpick issue i have is the fit but thats mainly do to the shape of my ears and less to do with the design, however I think spring tips or spinfits could easily combat that problem. I think the price is actually under under what it should be if compared to the competition and would be justified if marked up to $199. I think they have placed in my top 5 rotation and will stay there for quite a while. You should definitely consider these as a purchase and I believe they will please most lovers of iems, at least in the $150-250 price range.

1 Like