LinusTechTips Collab AMA

Whooooooaaaaaa bro I feel like this is exclusive TMZ type of breaking news lol. It’s cool to hear that tho

wow, im suprised. Linus seems to always portray himself as someone whos very budget conscious. i didnt think he’d buy

Will he be joining us on here?

Nah. That dude is the single most busy person I’ve ever met. Literally works non-stop.

2 Likes

Did anyone else at LTT have a listen? Any other audiophiles over there?

1 Like

Yes! Most of them did actually. A lot of people in the office aren’t self proclaimed Audiophiles but they almost all use good headphones for the most part. THX00, 6XX, LCDs, Etc.

Fair play. Suppose you don’t just buy a pair of those by slouching around.

But he almost cried! Lol and he’s into audio so I’m not too surprised

Was there anything you and Linus had in common that surprised you?

1 Like

Yeah I think Linus as a person is just skeptical by nature but he does seem to be invested in the headphone world.

Question: Do you think you would do a collab with him on speakers next? I follow him on YouTube and I think he is a strong believer of some high end sound bars. So a soundbar vs speaker comparison might be cool.

*Edit - grammar

2 Likes

Actually yes! When looking at channel analytics our channels share the same RATIO of subscribes/unsubscribes which I thought was funny.

1 Like

I would surely like to. I gave him my SVS contact and said those Klipsch gotta go haha.

I love the VLOGS. Still waiting for the ‘hit them with the bean sprouts’ shirt. J/k.

Is there going to be a Canada/LTT Vlog?

1 Like

Linus had a Studio Tour / Interview with Steve from GN a while ago. I like their “sponsor by irrelevant brand”-approach

Minute 20:20 is the sponsor talk.

One can tell from the videos. Their earlier stuff was much more relaxed, now it is full on entertainment company.

1 Like

What would you recommend to upgrade from a schiit stack gen 2 for my Hifiman Subdaras.

Thanks! There is going to be one but I didn’t film as much as I wanted to. Parts of this thread will be in the video as well!

2 Likes

Is it simpler to be on someone else’s channel rather than make content for your personal channel?
Moreover do you feel more protective of your personal content?

Yeah I mean aside from the travel is was REALLY nice not having to spend 2 hours setting up lighting then hours after filming B-roll and editing. Not having to do those things made it much easier. I do feel protective of my own content sometimes but I feel like overall it’s headed in the right direction. Though changed will happen over time and the channel is certainly evolving.

3 Likes

Depends on budget. I like the Element II right now but its $400.

1 Like

Yup. I also enjoyed the podcast you used to do with Z & Josh etc (are they still up somewhere? I only found a couple so far), but I definitely like the direction your channel is moving towards. Really enjoyed the recent exposure ie RMAF & Linus. Looking forward to seeing how the channel grows. Collabs and discussions with other audio enthusiast are fun.

Anyways, I’m out for now. Have fun with the rest of the AMA :slight_smile: