LinusTechTips Collab AMA

I have to admit, I’ve slowly started to enjoy your work little bits more after having Zeos be my introduction to the world of high end audio. Sadly, one of the stock pads on my HE-4XX have started falling appart, and has me looking for new ones. I find them comfortable and to be the headphone I go to for a more relaxing sound signature. Can’t say I’ve ever noticed them be sibilant though. Any suggestions on replacement pads? Standard suggestion on the forums seem to be ZMF Ori Perferated Lambskin, though I’d apprechiate your input.

*Edit: I should note that I’ve been using a Little Bear B4 to power them with, and will be ordering a TA-10 in the coming weeks.

How long did you get to satay in BC did you get to see any sights or explore the cities? How did you like it?

Was really happy to see this colab. You were honest and I think represented the community correctly. Hope this brings your Channel more traffic. Now let’s play some Destiny.

2 Likes

lol, you can see he just picked out a bunch of freebee’s he got for being linus tech tips. hes got a mix of lame and ok headphones on his wall lol

I’d really love to know what your demo list of songs were.

You say he owns a pair, not bought a pair. Did he go out and buy some after the demo, or was he given one of the demo units to keep?

1 Like

Well I mean at one point I remember linus mentioning he was actually going to by a he1, but didn’t after he heard it wasn’t limited to a certain number of units. I would assume he bought them, but who knows lol

I saw yours and Z’s video on the element II and liked what I heard. The sundara would be push at almost 2 watts with that so plenty loud. Thanks again. Keep up the great work.

tbh i want to know where you got the pink guy shirt

He bought a pair. I’m pretty sure at a discount but still. After I asked if he thought Linus would buy some since he liked them he said “also he did lol” it’s up over his he now owns a pair response

sadly I was only there for 2 days. Not long enough to see much.

6 Likes

Gave him one. Though he mentioned the idea of getting one.

Amazon! Years ago. I don’t think it’s up anymore because I can’t find it.

1 Like

Sh’Diah is such an amazing song.

1 Like

damn that sucks I love hearing what people think about canada as a a citizen myself. did you get a tour of the LTT offices? if so did you see their headphone room and see how severely they need a headphone guy to get better stuff for them?

Thanks for clarifying.

What gear does Linus use previously actually?
I know for IEMs he get on IE 80 pretty early, used them for years and then got an IE800 for free from Sennheiser then used that for a while.
Afterwards i have also seen him sporting more than a couple variation of a chinese looking IEMs each Changing.
I know his daily driver is Airpods Pro these days (which make sense) but now that he actually bought an Abyss i wonder on what degree does he care about audio actually.

It makes sense to buy an HE90 as they’re actually appreciating product, or at least they keep their value.
Buying an HE1 now just means it loses thousands of dollars in value by the time it came into buyer’s hands. especially if its ordered in its base configuration.

HE-1 has a high personalization level option from Sennheiser, they can make it any way you like, for a price. Buying a base model really wouldnt resell very well.

Thats why Linus didnt buy them.
if it is actually limited tho, he probably would, it’d basically be a free flagship showpiece for a couple years kept “securely” in his studio then.

I mean, I guess yeah. I bought a Shangri la fully knowing hifiman will drop the price later on a decent amount. It really just depends on how much value you see