As I’ve discussed with M0N, I’m looking at getting some speakers for my set up. Listening to music while I’m moving around doing shit or don’t feel like using headphones and watching movies/videos from the other side of the room is probably more along the lines of what they will be used for. The room is roughly 11’x12’.
Speakers I’m considering:
- JBL 104: Cheap, coaxial, decently small. The rear-firing port is a mild concern as I am in a dorm, and I don’t feel like pissing off my neighbors that much.
- Edifier R1700BT: Decently priced, bluetooth, remote control. Slight angle leads to questions about placement, but not as much as a lack of competent reviews.
- Edifier e25HD Luna Eclipse: black model is >$190, interesting design, decent reviews. However, only having 3.5mm optical/aux and BT4.0 along with a horific touch control and bad remote design are (needless to say) concerning.
- Vanatoo T0: Well reviewed, small, sub-woofer connection, bluetooth, and decent remote control. However, these are the most expensive, and tend to be a pain in the ass to find on sale.
- iLoud Micro: Small, inconspicuous, lots of options for it’s size, bluetooth, distortion limiter, effecient. Not exactly planning on using near field, so I guess you could say I’m concerned about using them in the room acoustically.
Anywho, I’m more looking for input on how these compare to one another, and for suggestions that would be better suited for my space.
*Edit: I’m not going to bring up sound demos, as I know there are some of you who seem to find them abhorrent and misleading. However, as I don’t exactly have a place I can go to sit down and listen to any of these options, I don’t exactly have another way of hearing what they sound like.