List of speakers that have caught my interest

I don’t feel like blowing another crap load on tubes, so that will wait. The cable and tips we’ll see how much I like them.

Everything else seem good?

That looks pretty decent xmas shopping list.
Would be nice to unwrap all of those.

Yeah looks like a pretty sweet haul, a overall setup makeover lol

Curious which speakers you end up with

I think the Klipsch are going to be a bit big for my space. I’m also finding them a bit harder to find at a decent price (the passive versions keep popping up instead). They’re $260 on sears.com and $249 refurb on NewEgg.com
For the YU4, if I buy the matte gray, I can find it for $230. Even so, I’m not sure I like the aestetic, and I’d be concerned about the deep wave guides fucking with how it sounds when i’m moving around.
I’m having a hard time finding the Vanatoos for any less then $350, which doesn’t leave a whole lot of wiggle room in my budget.
The Fluance Ai60 is even bigger then the R-41PM. Beyond that, I have mild concerns that the sealed nature of the Ai40 will leave me wanting more bass, particularly as the Ai60 has a subwoofer out, where the Ai40 doesn’t. This is also not to mention that, like Zeos pointed out in his review, the DAC in the Ai60 “is poo poo” (3 minutes in exactly), and the Ai40 has issues with… I guess you would call it cross talk, but that doesn’t sound right… But he was experiencing signal noise from the RCA input while the speakers where set in bluetooth mode.
The Luna Eclipse I think I’m going to knock off for the absolute dog shit way Edifier gave to interface with them.
For these reasons I think I may disregard them, leaving me back to with the Micros, R1700BT, 104, and the RB42.

Even though the choices can be overwhelming at times, do you find the research half of the fun?

It’s been an interesting time. I can, however say that the journey is not over. Still gotta deal with the final selection. Sadly, the full enjoyment comes when I finally get to enjoy the fruits of my labors.
The micros seem to be widely loved, and people seem to be tripping over each other to suck the RB42’s dick(despite, from my understanding, being a bit difficult to drive). The 104 look like people enjoy them(particularly for the price, ~$70), but seem to have their own caveats. The R1700BT don’t seem to have any decent reviews (well, beyond those shown on say Amazon)… Still waiting on Zeos to review them like he said he would. The last one is what I’m leaning towards more, but the others are still on my radar, and the time to purchase has yet to come.

Lol yeah, I personally really like them for the price despite the harder to drive nature

Some just like the em gear small. giggidy
How much room you got for them if few mentioned are to big?

Small but still packing a punch lol. I personally don’t really care about how much space stuff takes up, as if it’s good I can accommodate

oh the sweet lies lol
Have to big to get a punch for me and not just tiny of bit tapping.

The room is only aproxamately 11ft x 12ft, and the desk/shelving unit is maybe 2’ wide.

Well you have to have realistic standards and also look at from others perspectives first lol

That’s a bit more recent since I’ve done some slight re-arranging.

I would simply make a cabinet / shelf extension to left and right side, where to place them speakers. Taking a possible height adjustment in count.
It would not even be big a modification. Even with a folding option.
So i could get what speaker i want and not what the situation/furniture gives.
“Sacrifices” must be made to please em audio gods. :wink:

Don’t have that option in my dorm. Beyond that, none of the furniture belongs to me, as by the school’s regulations, I’m not allowed to bring in any tools or furniture of my own.

well that’s that.
i would go with iLoud’s then. Since space is what it is.

The speakers do not have to be up top where the monitor is, so the bottom area is available for use. It’s 2’ 5.5" x 1’ 4.25" x 1’ 5" (1’ 3" with that wooden lip) WxDxH

RB42 ($150/pair) vs OoO ($100/pair, 1" thinner and less deep, but 2.3" taller)
How would you say they compare @M0N?

I personally think the rb42 has better low end extension and a better crossover design, so I would go rb42 if budget permits. But the OoO ain’t bad either.