List of speakers that have caught my interest

For either one, what would you recommend as a good budget amp(total budget for speakers and amp $300, theoretically)

Since you are under somewhat of a size constraint, the topping pa3 works very well with them and fit’s in your budget well (assuming you have a dac of some sort)

Would be getting TA-10 separately, and would not contribute to this budget.

Yeah, perfect then you could just use the ta10 as the dac

1 Like

Just out of curiosity, not interested in upgrading my rig but coming from the btr3 how different or better would the micca sound with the smsl m100? And even more important how different would the Beyerdynamics DT 770 sound?

Kind of interested in a dac specially for my IEM’s and headphone

Well I think it would upgrade the speakers too, but yeah it would benefit the 770’s. But you have to have an amp with the 770’s, as the m100 is only a dac and cannot drive headphones

1 Like

Oooooooh that makes sense. Interesting…

You would want to get a headphone amp like the liquid spark with the m100. You could also get a k5 pro that would have a dac and a headphone amp in it instead

1 Like

I’ll definitely look into them. Thnx mon

A lot of record stores in Canada sell kanto products. The one near my house and one near my work all sell kanto YU speakers

1 Like

Looking at size measurements, if I want the speakers up top and not overlap the display, then I have two choices: iLoud Micros and OoO. If I don’t mind ~.7" on either side being overlapped (most likely the speakers behind the display), then I could put the RB42 up top. Anything bigger would have to go below. It would seem if I wanted a remote, then a FLIRC and some remote would be the way to go. If I want bluetooth, then I’m looking at a different amp, or something like this (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TWFRB69/ref=dp_cr_wdg_tit_rfb) would be the way to go.
*Edit: If I want bluetooth and go with Micca

I think to get an amp as good as the pa3 with Bluetooth you would need to up your amp budget a fair bit. I think you could get one of those Bluetooth adapters with a coax out so you could use your dac in the ta10 too, and have that output to the pa3.

The problem would be the TA-10 only has USB and RCA in.

Ah, my bad, I thought it had a coax in. Well the dac in one of those Bluetooth units should be fine tbh. You could just plug it into a rca input on the ta10

I know we’ve discussed the SMSL SA100, but what about the SA300? Also claims 80W/channnel @4oHm, has BT5 w/APTx, sub out, and a remote.

All three colors available on HiFi=Express, though I’d probably just get black. Would still use RCA in from TA10.

*Can’t find any reviews on the damn thing

It has less power but it would probably still work fine, I’ve just never used it. I know the smsl ad18 isn’t ideal for the rb42, but the sa300 might be fine

It’s rated for 40W@8oHm, so in that regard, (at least as far as power rating goes) it is less powerful. How accurate the rating is, idk, but I’m not the one to make that call.
It does have more features then the PA3 that would keep everything contained to the single unit, and in a smaller footprint(a little more volume). I may just give it a whirl.

Yeah there shouldn’t be any harm in trying it out tbh. I’m sure it’s a solid product

This is what I’m looking at currently, prices including shipping and sales tax. Products marked optional could easily be removed to make room for other items in the budget.