List of speakers that have caught my interest

Some just like the em gear small. giggidy
How much room you got for them if few mentioned are to big?

Small but still packing a punch lol. I personally don’t really care about how much space stuff takes up, as if it’s good I can accommodate

oh the sweet lies lol
Have to big to get a punch for me and not just tiny of bit tapping.

The room is only aproxamately 11ft x 12ft, and the desk/shelving unit is maybe 2’ wide.

Well you have to have realistic standards and also look at from others perspectives first lol

That’s a bit more recent since I’ve done some slight re-arranging.

I would simply make a cabinet / shelf extension to left and right side, where to place them speakers. Taking a possible height adjustment in count.
It would not even be big a modification. Even with a folding option.
So i could get what speaker i want and not what the situation/furniture gives.
“Sacrifices” must be made to please em audio gods. :wink:

Don’t have that option in my dorm. Beyond that, none of the furniture belongs to me, as by the school’s regulations, I’m not allowed to bring in any tools or furniture of my own.

well that’s that.
i would go with iLoud’s then. Since space is what it is.

The speakers do not have to be up top where the monitor is, so the bottom area is available for use. It’s 2’ 5.5" x 1’ 4.25" x 1’ 5" (1’ 3" with that wooden lip) WxDxH

RB42 ($150/pair) vs OoO ($100/pair, 1" thinner and less deep, but 2.3" taller)
How would you say they compare @M0N?

I personally think the rb42 has better low end extension and a better crossover design, so I would go rb42 if budget permits. But the OoO ain’t bad either.

For either one, what would you recommend as a good budget amp(total budget for speakers and amp $300, theoretically)

Since you are under somewhat of a size constraint, the topping pa3 works very well with them and fit’s in your budget well (assuming you have a dac of some sort)

Would be getting TA-10 separately, and would not contribute to this budget.

Yeah, perfect then you could just use the ta10 as the dac

1 Like

Just out of curiosity, not interested in upgrading my rig but coming from the btr3 how different or better would the micca sound with the smsl m100? And even more important how different would the Beyerdynamics DT 770 sound?

Kind of interested in a dac specially for my IEM’s and headphone

Well I think it would upgrade the speakers too, but yeah it would benefit the 770’s. But you have to have an amp with the 770’s, as the m100 is only a dac and cannot drive headphones

1 Like

Oooooooh that makes sense. Interesting…