Listen to "Occult" on TIDAL

Check out this track on TIDAL: “Occult” by Stoned Jesus https://tidal.com/track/100101781
:love_you_gesture:

Why do we have to listen to it on TIDAL? And why are you creating separate threads to encourage us to listen to individual tracks on TIDAL?

4 Likes

Then don’t listen to it

Why are you asking so many questions LOL you either listen to it or you don’t

He’s suggesting you do what the rest of the community members do, to make this a better place to be.

Because your shilling for TIDAL is beyond obvious, man. We’re audiophiles here – we don’t like to be told which service to use to listen to our music.

Some of us use vinyl. Others CDs. Others FLAC files. Others Spotify, Apple Music or Qobuz. Some of us even use TIDAL and its dubious MQA. It’s all good.

Suggesting we listen to certain tracks is one thing. Insisting that we listen to them on a certain service is blatant shilling.

And if you took the time to look through the forum, you would find threads dedicated to new music, such as this one that’s within 10 threads of the top of the index this morning: Listening to tonight (Part 2) - #554 by Dobbs

Instead, you had to create separate threads for each track you wanted us to hear – on TIDAL only, of course! That’s not information; it’s borderline advertising and forum litter.

1 Like

The Listening to tonight (Part 2) thread was created with the specific intent to be a place where users can share and discuss what they are listening to.

Music is emotional and it’s easy to get excited and want to share that with others. We Get It, this forum is full of enthusiasts. With that in mind we would like to ask everybody to please be considerate and keep those posts together in the provided thread vs. random one-off topics. This helps others by making it easier to search and by reducing clutter.

Thanks !!

4 Likes

I can care less about Tidal just happened to be the format I was using at the time

I’m not an audiofile. I’m a human being.

1 Like

Yes I’m an undercover agent for tidal. That’s actually my undercover name they call me shill…Ya caught me😬

3 Likes

2 Likes

Agreed nobody should be ridiculed for the format that they use… it’s childish and it shows weak character

I do not support any services that use MQA. So I can not listen to your link.

You may not know already, so I will provide a link to information about exactly why MQA is bad, and why you should avoid anything that uses MQA as a requirement.

• please watch this and educate yourself on the issue.

MQA is a blight upon the audio and artist community, it is basically a snake-oil service designed to pull people in so they can continually charge money for a substandard listening experience. It is abusing artists, manufacturers, and customers by trying to make MQA support a requirement for the audio community - while also reducing the quality of the music it touches. - This is why you are receiving criticism for posting these links, especially in the way you did.

• You should also know that artists, equipment manufacturers, and customers have all agreed that MQA is bad - the only reason manufacturers still support it at all, is because there are still many customers who do now know that MQA is bad, and so manufacturers are only now putting MQA into their equipment because those customers are demanding it.

• Instead consider services that offer FLAC or even an MP3 as alternatives to obtain wider support.

Also - no posts here have ridiculed you at all. They have only correctly pointed out what appears to be a pattern of behavior regarding a service that is fairly widely known to be a snake-oil service.

I also suggest that you search for an alternative service that fits your needs better than MQA. Do not pay companies to abuse you and the artists you support.

1 Like

MQA is a scam. Youre paying extra for music to be compressed & uncompressed but its not lossless. They call it folded & the gimmick is if you buy into it they can unfold it all the way by paying that extra for the MQA DAC.

Analogy of a scam:
Its kind of like the government creating record high inflation, blaming it on you, or denying it exists, then saying they will raise social security to match inflation, but then raise taxes & print even more inflation causing money, while sending tens of billions to secure a foreign country, & cutting border patrol & ICE, while hiring 87,000 new IRS agents. It’s a scam.

2 Likes

Redbook 44.1 is fine for me. I would never fall for the MQA SCAM. You do t “have” to pay for MQA on tidal.