Listening to tonight (Part 1)

Ah… i did not realize all this…sorry, i want to participate too, it’s just the stupid service i finally decided on. I’’ll try youtube someday.

1 Like

No, I pay for Tidal MQA myself. They make it so shitty to turn people on to the service. Whatever track I want to link, I usually just minimize tidal, look it up on youtube and share that link

1 Like

I should be able to follow your link to the Tidal desktop app without interruption. Instead it opens up a browser tab asking for a login, but I never use the browser since the hi res files only play through the app. I may think about Amazon HD or switch back to Spotify because as much as I like Tidal when it’s good, it’s really bad a lot of the time for $20/month

I almost went back to Qoboz w/ that $15 special they offered last week. I’m currently too lazy to spend the time required to build up my music lists again…Also, finally got to appreciate MQA thru those Koss 95x and now i want to keep the MQA quality for a bit longer

Yeah, I’m the same way. I just finally got playlists set up again and all that. I never used Qoboz, but have heard the library is smaller. And Amazon apparently isn’t clear about when you are getting being hi res or mp3, but making it seem like it’s all hi res when it’s not. I also give Amazon too much money as is, so they’d have to blow me away to get me to sub to the music service. As much as I hate to admit it, Spotify still does it best. Free trials all the time, plus you can play single tracks through their free service at will.

I use youtube for the same reason, although i use spotify - not tidal ( i know, spotify has lower quality, but i have been on the service for ages so im a bit wary of changing serivce). I use the desktop app, but when i click a link it wants to play in the browser, quite annoying, so i use youtube for linking music (even though the quality can be quite a bit worse).

1 Like

The singer (Sivert høyem) has a pretty deep and melodic voice, and i do see the comparison on their more mellow songs…

I just picked up Mezzanine on vinyl. Love that album!

4 Likes

Been listening to a bit of movie soundtracks tonight… currently on :

Zeppelin Live at Royal Albert Hall -1970image

1 Like

Beck. I bought Odelay about 25 years ago and loved it. Ever since then I have never heard a Beck album that I thought was worth buying.
However, almost every album has at least one single that I Must have. My Beck collection is basically a retrospective of his career.:smile:

The newest single I had to have is:

1 Like

dont know if anyone here is into jazz piano but that headphone review dude said its the best recording of piano hes ever heard :flushed:

3 Likes
1 Like

They remastered it this year, I’m not sure if it is on vinyl but it’s streamable

1 Like
1 Like

I’m happy with my vinyl copy, but Ill check out the remaster. Thanks!

1 Like
1 Like