Listening to tonight (Part 1)

1 Like

Yeah they sorta remind of U2 for some reason too :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Had you seen Echo and the Bunnymen prior to 2001?
The late 70’s and early / mid 80’s were the glory years for a lot of these bands. The Bunnymen had put out 4 or 5 albums by the time I saw them in 1984… The Killing Moon track was getting a lot of attention then, it may have been called The Killing Moon Tour although it’s been a long, long time…
It was a very busy time, record stores were packed to the rafters with people like me and I was right into punk and British new wave, Brittish prog at the time… 90% of my collection of music from that time was on vinyl and very few CD’s . Many of us moved on to exploring new music acts quickly those years. Saw the The Clash in 1982, Stranglers twice, Ramones around 4 times, Depeche Mode, Police etc… all at the beginning of their careers… We had a very healthy local music scene too with some very good bands…
Fun memories…
The FOS singer used to be a hair dresser so I guess it figures…LoL. But in their early years all these bands were fresh and exciting and some were surprisingly very talented… As I grew out of the spiky punk/ new wave hair cut phase I started to gravitate towards Prog and Jazz Fusion music…

1 Like

Billy Cobham: Album: Spectrum…1973
Jazz/ Fusion…

********* FULL ALBUM *********

I bought this album during my final year of high school, a year after it was released…
I guess I could easily put this in the Jazz thread or My Favorite Album thread too…
I have at least 2 vinyl copies of this album as I nearly wore the first one out… Hard to believe this Jazz/Fusion classic will be 50 years old in 2023. Right up there as being one of the greatest Fusion albums of all time…

2 Likes

Shriekback: Album: Care : All Lined Up…1983

1 Like

One of my favorite records of 2020. Another Sky - I slept on the floor

3 Likes

Their biography say they’re influenced by Raidiohead and maybe so, I’m no authority on either groups music.
I particularly like the songs: The Cracks, Brave Face and Let Us Be Broken. The latter being my favorite and reminiscent of early U2 instrumentally… To me anyway…

1 Like

Yeah, it’s the jangly Edge-like phrasing on the guitar and definitely the military marching band snare drum work particularly on Let us be broken… Very cool nonetheless…

1 Like

If i had to pick on song to be my fav it would be “Life Was Coming In Through The Blinds” but they are all great.

I was driving home from work a few years back and this song came on and I had to pull over at a gas station to listen to it properly… I had to know who it was…

2 Likes

86, 88 and 92 - All at Seattle/surrounding area venues. Been a fan since the Porcupine album. My Kid brother actually turned me on to them.

1 Like

Stranglers: Nice and Sleazy…

One of my favorite bands of an era long passed by… They were fantastic live , being all very skilled musicians…
Those of you who primarily listen with headphones on will appreciate the overly gratuitous use of stereo left- right pan on this track… The bass guitarist in the Stranglers was phenomenal too…

3 Likes

3 Likes

roon/qobuz 24/96 FLAC → x-spdif 2 → dac1541 → HPA V281 → HE1000 V2

4 Likes

2 Likes

BF2->Audeze Deckard->LCD2PF

2 Likes

HE1000 V2 :headphones:

2 Likes

I have always been a fan of Ennio Morricone but had never purchased his music prior to the 2020 lockdowns… As much as I admire Clint and all the other great spaghetti western actors, it was actually the musical score that made them the legendary films they are today.imho.
This Danish National Symphonic Orchestra’s rendition is very good. Actually the entire concert is most enjoyable…I ordered a (best of) CD of Ennio’s work immediately after watching every video one evening…

2 Likes

RoonShareImage-637607738892293387

Roon FLAC 24/96 → KTE SU-2 → Lampizator Amber 3 → Eddie Current Studio B → Diana V2

1 Like

Qobuz > Shanling M6 21 > Koss KSC75

4 Likes