Listening to tonight (Part 1)

Something new for Funky Friday - Thanks @DagoRed for the tip off !

AMHD → Holo Audio Spring3 KTE → Ferrum Orr/Hypsos → Final Audio D8000 Pro

2 Likes

Biosphere’s new album. My most scrobbled artist. This is the best one since >10 years.

@skian Well recorded, indeed, thanks. I drummed for a pop/jazz quartet and sang
“Feel like makin love” many times…only with a more danceable rhythm. (Less cool, lol.)
Using my DT 880/600 which is great for this style of music and recording.

1 Like

Tidal > Grace SDAC > MT-602 > Integra ADM 2.1 > Cambridge Kloss Ambiance

2 Likes

I’ve mostly listened on my Hifiman XS.
I’ll have to check it out on my dt800 600.
What amp do you use and have you changed the pads?

My combo is Topping e30 to Asgard 3…with a bit of low end boost from a new Loki.
Have not tried other pads yet, tho have heard Dekoni suedes also boost bass a bit.
You? Also how do you like the xs? I have and like the Sundara.

Pretty awesome Friday Night listening…
Artist: Jungle
Album: Loving in Stereo

Here is Jungle performing a set of 5 tracks from the album

Roon/Qobuz → Spring3 KTE → Orr+Hypsos → Susvara

1 Like

I also have an Asgard 3. With the stock pads on the dt800 i had a hard time listening for more than a couple songs. I found that 10k spike to be fatiguing. I changed to the Dakoni suedes a while back and infind it much more enjoyable. More lush and thick sounding.

The XS is fantastic. Well balanced tonality. Lot’s of detail. Deep sub bass extension. Soundstage is big without being exaggerated. Imaging on point.

1 Like

@skian Thanks, I may have to try those pads. Don’t want to pollute the thread too much, lol. Glad you are enjoying the XS.

1 Like

This has been in que and now playing. I am enjoying it, thanks for the share. Also, my fav track so far is 9. Niles A Head

A refreshing upbeat jam…

1 Like

It seems I’m 15 minutes past Funky Friday in my TZ, so I suppose I’ll leave it here with another from Alex Bone featuring Cory Wong… Adventure

:notes:

2 Likes

The Ryan Adams Experience goes on. I am coming down the home stretch now, only a few to go. In the queue for tonight:

The journey takes a dark and painful turn here. You can really feel this music deeply. Only “Big Colors” to go after these three.

AMHD > Douk Audio U2 Pro > Schiit BF2 > XDuoo Ta-20 Pre > SMSL SP200 > HiFiMAN Sundara

1 Like
2 Likes

Vinyl > TEAC TN-300 > Ortofon 2M Blue >Schiit Mani > Yamaha R-S202BL > Klipsch R-620F

1 Like

Crikey this is awesome: MEUTE - Peace - YouTube

1 Like

Roon/Qobuz → Spring V3 KTE → Orr/Hypsos → D8K Pro

2 Likes

Not on spotify :slight_smile:

Qobuz 24bit/192khz > ifi zen dac v2 > Sennheiser HD 6XX

2 Likes

Also listened a bit to Madrugada today, as they just released a new album, first one in years (2008 i think the last one was)

2 Likes