Mellow sort of dayā€¦

Sufjan Stevens: Reflections

Mitski: Be the Cowboy

Freya Ridings: Perfect

SMSL SU-8s>SMSL SH-8s>Fiio FT3

3 Likes

FLAC > CMUS > Jnog > Sabaj A10a > Klipsch R41M

3 Likes

FLAC > Cambridge Audio CXN V2 > Jnog (OG) > Freya S > Vidar (monoblock) > Klipsch R-620F

6 Likes

2 Likes

Recording quality to die for. Shout to Mark from Super Review for this Rec!

2 Likes
1 Like

Thanks @domq422 !
Iā€™d never heard of Ponta Box before but I love me some good jazz any time of the dayā€¦
Those Japanese recorings usually do sound greatā€¦ I found another one of their albums on YouTubeā€¦ Itā€™s a little more up tempo overall but every song sounds greatā€¦Hereā€™s 3 snappy tunes above. ^^^^^
Iā€™m going to have to get these CDā€™s ā€¦
EDIT: Yikes, their JVC CDā€™s are really expensive on Amazonā€¦The NYPB cd is $60 CA from Japanā€¦$34 usedā€¦ The one you featured is $90 CA !! Man Iā€™m tempted towards the NYPB CDā€¦

2 Likes

Really happy youā€™re digging it brother! Iā€™m in the same boat as you - I love me some jazz, and Iā€™m always looking for newer recorded classic type jazz. Those CDs are crazy expensive! Damn! Good thing I threw the Walkman away a long time ago :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I swear, finding new music that really vibes with you is like catching the best high. On the decks tonight;

Breakup Shoes - So Money, Baby

3 Likes

I tried to post a youtube video of a live performance by Ponta Box in Montreux but it wouldnā€™t let meā€¦
Anyway, theyā€™re all super talentedā€¦ The drummer is magnificentā€¦ The Japanese fans appreciate great talent as well as exceptionally recorded musicā€¦ Must have a bit of a cult followingā€¦ It explains the high CD pricesā€¦
Iā€™m totally surprised Iā€™d never heard them before but Iā€™m glad I finally did , with your helpā€¦Thanks domq422šŸ‘

1 Like

Trying out the EA500 with red nozzles and micropore over the rear vent, this seems like just about the right kind of use case.

I do wonder how the EN1000 with filter would handle themā€¦

2 Likes

Feelin like an easy groove tonight. This is a nice one. Itā€™s Antoine Dufour And his album ā€œBack and Forthā€.

I think the Senns and the LP make a nice pairing for this album. The resonance of the guitar body and the action of the strings really come out.

AMHD > Douk U2 Pro > Schiit Bifrost 2 > Cavalli Liquid Platinum > Sennheiser HD660S

1 Like

1 Like
1 Like

DX312 > Z1Rā€¦

Vegas theme? :man_shrugging:

1 Like