Listening to tonight (Part 2)

for that lazy Sunday

3 Likes

First time going into this album. About 7/8 through it and damn it’s a winner. Only thing I had heard from it before is the title track. If you like that you owe it to yourself to check out the rest.

1 Like

roon → ultraRendu → Spring3 KTE → Oor/Hypsos → Susvara

1 Like

Due to the holiday, I get a bonus session this weekend! For this evening, since I am still testing this new connection, I need to see how it handles classical. So, I decided to let a beautiful Woman play to me for the next hour or so. This is Anne-Sophie Mutter and the London Philharmonic performing the Mozart Violin Concertos, 2006.

Local FLAC > Schiit Bifrost 2 > Cavalli Liquid Platinum > HiFIMAN Edition XS

3 Likes

cover

FLAC > Cambridge Audio CXN V2 > Jnog (OG) > Freya S > Vidar (monoblock) > Klipsch R-620F

3 Likes

Always as dope as fuck :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Just a bunch of Type O Negative on the EA500s. It’s so sad we lost Peter Steele. I don’t get this often at all, but for some reason he just seems like someone I “would have been friends with”, or was meant to, or something. Just a feeling of identifying with him even though we’d be very different.
And musically, I wish there was more heavy music with regular vocals / romantic lyrics / a slower pace. I found the German band Ewigheim and I like them, but they’re still different. I guess they have that baritone speak-singing and gothic sound going on.
The use of the bass guitar overall, and where guitar flickers in with a lick at the right moments is uncannily masterful in Type O Negative’s music.

EDIT: Got “Woods of Ypres” as a recommendation, and it’s close in some areas. They tragically lost their singer early too! :frowning:

Some “Life of agony” has a similar vibe.

2 Likes

Maybe check out Lacuna Coil if you haven’t already - Comalies is their album I like best but Unleashed Memories also good gothic vibes (although all of their albums probably fall in to the gothic style).
You could check out The Gathering too - Nighttime Birds album probably the one for gothic-style vibes, although I prefer Mandylion. Love Anneke van Giersbergen’s voice.

I’ll need to check out Woods of Ypres :+1:

LoA’s River Runs Red is such a good album.

1 Like

For everybody who needs a little confidence :slight_smile:
I recently did, and this helped :green_heart:

I wanted to go through this one a second time this evening. I had listened to it the other night and I really liked it. This is Big Big Train and “From Stone and Steel”.

Lots to take in here. Really good work throughout. AND the chain is sounding nice tonight. The SH-9 is loving the introduction of the Frost’s Unison USB interface. Much of that dryness that can come with a THX amp of this type has been largely removed. The mids are spectacular. Pair this with the Radiance and it’s fantastic. I could listen to this all night.

AMHD > Schiit Bifrost 2 > SMSL SH-9 > Focal Radiance

2 Likes

Thanks go out to the Shuffle function for this blast from the past and one-hit wonder: Olive - You’re Not Alone

1 Like

Wonderful when it all comes together and we think this!!

1 Like

I was going to post this as a simple tune that really connects with me, didn’t expect it to have such an interesting music video too:

Huh the live performance is interesting, 2 drummers!

I love the wandering bass guitar.

Not a fan of the vocal effects in this live version.

Jump in a 2:16 on the second one when things really start syncing and layering.

The bassist’s vocals are quite a surprise at 3:55

EDIT: I like this too:

Imma have to look up their releases.

1 Like

Dropped tuning I think…

I’ve been listening to a lot of John Zorn tonight. He has a fairly large and interesting discography. Not for everyone but it suits my tastes…

2 Likes

Glad it’s Friday!