Listening to tonight (Part 2)

I haven’t listened to this much hip hop/rap in years. Needed a switch up for sure. Next up on the Queue; MF DOOM.

Air’s “Moon Safari” has been on heavy rotation here lately. I listened to it a lot when it first came out, and have regularly listened to it since. It is a bit of a detour from the usual rock/progrock i listen to, and perhaps that has been its strength since i come back to it again and again. Its such a great album, and expect from track 2, sexy boy, that somewhat breaks the mood of the rest of the album a bit, it flows so nice from start to finish…

on the original speakers on my beater '06 Honda Civic just now, driving home from walking the dog at a local park/hiking trail.

3 Likes

Friday is finally here! Looking forward to tonight’s session. I am starting strong with this one

This bad boy has a 5 hour, 48 minute run time! Lots of previously unavailable stuff. So far it’s great. Sounds really good, too. I love live music…

AMHD > Douk U2 Pro > Schiit Bifrost 2 > Singxer SA-1 Pre > SMSL DA-9 Triangle BR02 w/REL Tzero mkiii sub

2 Likes

Starting off the day with a listening session of the soundtrack…Fairly well recorded and sounds awesome

PC>AMHD>Modius>Woo Audio WA-6>ZMF Atrium

2 Likes

This is an incredible rec! Thank you SO much for sharing!

Bro WHAT?!?!

First song - Yes, this is a vibe, I am into this.
Second track - TAKE MY MONEY!!!

Thank you for this rec!!

1 Like

They are fing fantastic live. A little blues a little psychedelic a little metal. Just a great blend.

Going to see this guys in concert this Thursday. Much different sound but they are f’ing fantastic as well.

3 Likes

I am not a country guy, but my head was a bobbin’! :+1:

1 Like

Holy moly, this is great stuff. Thanks for the Rec

1 Like
3 Likes

roon on NUC (ROCK) → Sonore ultraRendu → Holo Spring3 KTE → Ferrum Oor (hypsos/oor) → Hifiman Susvara

:headphones:

1 Like

Good evening. I wanted to play an old favorite tonight to see how it plays on the HE1K

One pass on the SH-9, take a break, then one pass on the LP. Massive fun! Current chain:

Local FLAC > Schiit Bifrost 2 (USB) > SMSL SH-9 > HiFIMAN HE1000 V2 Stealth

3 Likes

FLAC > CMUS > Cambridge Audio CXN V2 > Jnog (OG) > Freya S > Vidar (monoblock) > Klipsch R-620F

4 Likes

I got a good laugh out of their version of Chop Suey…Great post

Stuff i recently discovered and liked instantly :slight_smile:

Blind Pilot - One Red Thread

The Tallest Man On Earth - Love Is All

Johnny Flynn - The Wrote & The Writ

Going for a Qobuz 90’s playlist tonight.

Qobuz > Cambridge Audio CXN V2 > Jnog (OG) > Freya S > Vidar (monoblock) > Klipsch R-620F

2 Likes

A long time ago a band named Queen wrote a song about what makes the rock’n world go round.

These ladies took the idea and ran with it. My wife also thought it was great. Kind of Country…but a LOT of fun.

4 Likes

I Just had one of those spooky “feel like I’m in the room” moments. Wow!

Slightly different music than the norm, but fantastic. I love when this happens.

AMHD > Schiit Bifrost 2 (USB) > Singxer SA-1 Pre > SMSL DA-9 > Triangle BR02 w/REL Tzero mkiii sub

2 Likes

Qobuz > Cambridge Audio CXN V2 > Jnog (OG) > Freya S > Vidar (monoblock) > Klipsch R-620F

1 Like