Listening to tonight (Part 2)

The one that hooked me in. I think I now have about 35 MD albums. And I will Probably keep buying “new” releases wherever they drag them out from. :+1:

1 Like

@ShaneD Well, it’s Friday night and I just had to give it another whirl…

this time on speakers! It was wonderful on headphones (The HEK was incredible with this album) but man, speakers are another animal. I really like this speaker setup. Coltrane’s sax just comes to life. And now, Miles and crew will shed the stress of another week. Enjoy the evening. :sunglasses:

AMHD > Douk U2 Pro > BF2 > Singxer SA-1 Pre > SMSL DA-9 > Triangle BR02 w/ REL Tzero mkiii

5 Likes

Since I bought this album and got into jazz (2015), I have only listened to all of it via headphones and desktop speakers.

With apartment living, listening to speakers just isn’t that viable anymore.

But now that you mention it, I am curious. While I still have my tower speakers, I should give it a shot.

Next weekend I should put my big two on in the afternoon. I am not going to crank jazz, I don’t think?

Kind of Blue against Merci Miles: Live at Vienne.

Oooh…

3 Likes

Starting off Funky Friday with Lettuce, and tho typically labeled as a Funk band, here
Lettuce gives tribute to Miles Davis in this album release from 2017 “Witches Stew”

roon → Sonore ultraRendu → Holo Spring 3 KTE → Holo Bliss KTE → Hifiman Susvara

1 Like

Continuing the Funky Friday theme with the 2011 self-titled album from the Third Coast Kings

Soen’s “Memorial” I thought was good but to be honest, it didn’t hit me as good as their previous work. I’ll give it some time and give it a listen again, maybe the stars were not in alignment that night.

Here’s an album selection from 2020 by Fusion Funk Foundation “Feel The Base”
Fresh-n-Funky Italian groove :notes:

2 Likes

And now for the evening portion of tonight’s program. Thought I’d keep it jazzy. Gonna get in the waaay back machine and groove to some classic Jeff Lorber Fusion. Here is “Wizard Island”.

AMHD > Douk U2 Pro > Schiit Bifrost 2 > Cavalli Liquid Platinum > HiFIMAN HE1000 V2 Stealth

2 Likes

This jazz/fusion EP, “Sybil” from Mark Feldman’s Level 5 snuck in the play queue with some funky beats

:notes:

2 Likes

Shifting gears a bit, this dropped just over a week ago and I’ve been meaning to give it a listen and tonight was the night. It’s a compilation album from the Legacy Pilots titled appropriately I think, “Songbook”

A fun listen for a Friday night

2 Likes

Nice. I may spin this up later. Right now I have shifted gears as well. Currently enjoying this one. This is Ryan Adams and “Return to Carnegie Hall”.

Love soulful guitar and vocal performances. I feel like the recording is very good as well. I close my eyes and I feel like I’m there.

AMHD > Douk U2 Pro > Schiit Bifrost 2 > Cavalli Liquid Platinum > HiFIMAN HE1000 V2 Stealth

1 Like

That’s the way it should be - all right!

1 Like

Last one from tonight’s session -

I heard a track from this album on a roon suggested daily mix, liked it, added to the queue…

iamthemorning is a Russian progresive rock/chamber duo, singer Marjana Semkina and pianist Gleb Kolyadin.
If you think the bass and drumming sound familiar we’ll perhaps that is becuase it is Colin Edwin and Gavin Harrison, both from Porcupine Tree playing bass n drums respectively. Mariusz Duda from Riverside makes a vocal appearance too on the title track “Lighthouse”.

2 Likes

like only one JM album ‘Hejira’ with the amazing Jaco

1 Like

He appears on quite a few of Joni’s albums :+1:

yeah but little of no bass playing

Lyle Mays ‘Lyle Mays’

Had a shower and breakfast. Now time to resume my position in the lazy boy! :grin:

Resuming my place in my 2022+ playlist working backwards. First up is Beth Hart with A Tribute to Led Zeppelin. I am not huge fan of Zeppelin covers, but I love this album. She does NOT try to imitate Robert Plant and has her own style. Check out the clip:

PS: Going backwards on purchased music. I am back to February, 2022.

3 Likes

I love iamthemorning! Marjana’s voice is beautiful and the musicians supporting her are absolute killers.

1 Like

:smiling_imp: :purple_heart:

1 Like