Listening to tonight (Part 2)

I think we have some Who love here for sure…

4 Likes

Had this album recommended to me…I gave it a listen and really enjoyed it.

PC>AMHD>Modius>Asgard3>ZMF Atrium

2 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes
3 Likes

I just picked up a pair of ISN EST50s for a great price and decided to give them a shot to see what I think of them versus all the other modifications EST based IEMs I own or have owned in the past. Right now I have the EST50s plugged into the Cayin N8ii and I’ve been listening for about 15 minutes and I’m definitely liking what I’m hearing. They’re quite a bit different than most of the other midfi est IEMs.

At the top of tonight’s queue is a 2019 offering from Russian Circles entitled Blood Year. This is a dark and moody, melodic metal album and I think it plays into the strengths of the EST50s perfectly. Definitely and album and a pair of IEMs I would recommend checking out

To those about to rock, I salute you! :metal::sunglasses:

This far, I have to say that overall I think I vibe more with the Dunu EST112s and the ThieAudio Excaliburs, but when you need some down and dirty bass that really beats you over the head like when Rob Trujillo starts doing his thing on an Infectious Grooves track, the EST50s get right down in the muck and bring it hard and I can dig that. These are a unique set, with a unique sound and they’re gonna be staying for a while. :metal::sunglasses:

2 Likes

With my mom it was like Elton, Queen, Streisand, and Etta James on rotation, I swear…Some good memories for sure! Thanks mom!:kissing_heart:

2 Likes

It was always Elton John,Queen, Fleetwood Mac, Jim Croce amongst others…My dad also loved his R&B (which if you ever met him you wouldn’t think that was his choice of music) I think that is how I got to really like the older R&B and growing up in the 90’s was kind of a magical time for R&B…I swear the older I get the more I listen to the older stuff.

2 Likes

Fleetwood Mac, Kenny G, Count Bassie, and Aaron Neville all made frequent appearances as well. Kinds had a weird shuffle going my today’s standards.

2 Likes

FLAC > Cambridge Audio CXN V2 > Jnog (OG) > Freya S > Vidar (Monoblock) > Klipsch R-620F

2023-09-18_20-21

Qobuz > Jnog >THX 789 > HD560

2 Likes

An interesting day it was. Got the speakers going to start the session and found this intriguing collection.

So far it has been great. I haven’t seen a collection like this before from AMHD. Very nice.

AMHD > U2 Pro > Schiit BF2 > Singxer SA-1 Pre > SMSL DA-9 > Triangle BR02 w/ REL Tzero mkiii sub

2 Likes

cover

FLAC > Foobar > Jnog > Erish > HD650

2 Likes

cover

FLAC > Foobar > Jnog > Erish > HD650

2 Likes

One more before I call it a night. Shifting gears a little, enjoying what is becoming an “old favorite”. I like these guys.

Also rocking the Edition XS tonight. Hate the build, but these cans sound really good. They don’t have that pinpoint resolution and refinement that the HE1000 has, but they are not far off. Great listen.

AMHD > Schiit Bifrost 2 (USB) > Cavalli Liquid Platinum > HiFIMAN Edition XS

2 Likes

Some techno Move D tonight, plus two of these are newly released albums.

FLAC > Foobar > Jnog > Erish > Zeus

2 Likes

Listening to some Queen while testing my new headphones :grin:

AMHD>Wiim Pro>Bifrost 2/64>Soloist 3XP w/supercharger>SJY Audio Moonlight

4 Likes

FLAC > Foobar > Jnog > Erish > Zeus

6 Likes

I’m taking a night hike with my Dunu EST112s plugged into my iBasso DX160. First off, this is an amazing pairing. The DX160 really gets the bass kicking on the EST112s

As for music I’ve got an old classic from 1976 by Electric Light Orchestra entitled A New World Record. Just so many good songs and and absolutely packed with top level musicianship track after track. This is the perfect album to make the ESTs shine as well. I’m lovin’ it! :metal::sunglasses:

download

6 Likes