Listening to tonight (Part 2)

You da man! :metal::metal::sunglasses:

1 Like

LOL thanks, I find it easiest to ā€˜shareā€™ > ā€˜copy linkā€™ from YouTube and paste onto my post here as it makes it easy for folks to click and listen if they wish :+1:

Works for BandCamp too :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for the pro tip. Here Iā€™ve been all amateur just posting album cover picsā€¦ :man_facepalming:

Iā€™m listening to this one now. Trying @Ohmboy 's pro method. Iā€™m on the same rig. Never heard this before, but dudeā€™s pretty phenomenal. Iā€™m listening to his album entitled Alone.

3 Likes

One more before I turn in. Gonna go way back with this one. From 1977, This is Jean-Luc Ponty and ā€œEnigmatic Oceanā€.

AMHD > Schiit Bifrost 2 (USB) > SMSL SH-9 > Focal Radiance

1 Like
1 Like

Qobuz > Jnog > Erish > Zeus

3 Likes

DX312 > Riku Saber 3 :metal:ā€¦

1 Like

Elizabeth is always great fun to watch! She has done a lot for music education
and appreciation across several genres. :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah sheā€™s cool I think I posted about her when she took Will Ramos to her audiologist for a live larynx checkā€¦epic that Iā€™ll post if I can find it :+1:

Found itā€¦

PS Iā€™m a Aurora fan too :smiley:

1 Like

Another fun trip down memory lane. From 1975, itā€™s Heart and ā€œDreamboat Annieā€.

AMHD > Schiit Bifrost 2 (USB) > Cavalli Liquid Platinum > HiFIMAN HE1000 V2 Stealth

7 Likes

discovering armored core OSTs

2 Likes

Starting off a Saturday jam session while doing a few things and watching college footballā€¦My favorite time of the yearā€¦It is very well recorded for a live show.

PC>AMHD>Modius>Asgard 3>ZMF Atrium

4 Likes

Awoke to a cool, blustery fall morning, so I put on something heady and in the mood,

I really like this performance. There is a raw honesty and passion to it that I really enjoy. I love the energy of the crowd as well. This old setup was made for stuff like this, too. Great listen.

AMHD > LG V40 > SMSL M200 >Realistic 7-band EQ > Denon AV-2808CI > HiFIMAN Sundara

2 Likes

@Raptor168 I really like the way you use all your gear and not just the
latest purchases. Good reminder to ā€œenjoy what you have.ā€

2 Likes

I listen to all kinds of music with only a couple of exceptionsā€¦
I call this music Thoughtful Jazzā€¦ Itā€™s not super exciting and flashy and most people wouldnā€™t consider listening to itā€¦But, this style of music makes me listen deeply into the subtle melodies and rythmsā€¦ Thoughtfullyā€¦
Brian Blade is one of the most sought after jazz drummers out there, maybe because of how he listens to his band mates and doesnā€™t overload songs with heavy show off chops displays but adds taseful dynamic range and musicality to the music.
Try to watch until the last song. They swing pretty hard !

This band also features the great Pianist and composer John Cowherd as well as 3 very talented bass and sax musiciansā€¦
Not for everyone but I love itā€¦:smiley:

3 Likes

Absolutely. I love having different options available to enjoy a unique musical experience. I love all my gear and donā€™t want to neglect any of it! Right now Kathy is out running errands, so I have jumped on the big system in the living room and am being treated to a master class performance in full surround. Another amazing piece by Ana Vidovich.

She is amazing and the guitar she plays is a work of art. Incredibly lush tone. This a great channel. I have subscribed.

YouTube HiDef > SMSL SU-8 > Onkyo TX-SR444 > JBL Northridge series speakers w/Sony 10" 100W Sub

1 Like

@Raptor168 I enjoy that channel too. Well recorded. I have a classical guitar
that I got when I was 14ā€¦made in Japan with makerā€™s signature inside. Solid
1 piece mahogany back and a really rich tone. I used it in some folk groups, etc. Just fixed it up and had it restrung. Will give to my daughter for Christmas, as
sheā€™s been wanting it.

2 Likes

I love it when I see someone passing on musical instruments to a new generation. :metal::sunglasses:

2 Likes