Listening to tonight (Part 2)

1 Like

An obscure one. I remember back in the days of myspace I was hopping from one page of old band music to another following the links, and I absolutely loved the bass/drum synchronization in the start/rest of this track. Found it pretty fast today for the firs time in about 15 years by remembering enough to search “Water Sly”, thankfully it was close enough. Cool track!

Definitely enjoying Hollow Ship, glad to have made that discovery!

3 Likes

Thought I would pull out something from the local collection. An old favorite. This is Rush and “Permanent Waves”.

5 Likes

I have a soft spot for '90s〜early 2000s female fronted UK bands and love Broadcast. They were very good and I’m so sad about how they ended. Poor Trish. 42 is so young. :cry:

1 Like

I don’t currently know anything about the band or their history - sad to hear this, I’ll do some reading. :frowning:

1 Like

My sleep deprivation is real but I’m ready to sacrifice my precious sleep to watch this show. Hope I can watch the whole video without any interruption.

3 Likes
1 Like

Went to my local club to see these folks last night. Amazing professionals
full
of fun and energy. They were a big hit at our summer music festival in July

and will be back next year for sure!! Ended the night with us joining in for a few
Christmas carols and Auld Lang Syne.

5 Likes

I didn’t realise the entire show including 3 songs omitted from the video were live broadcast on radio because it didn’t appear on the podcast feed. You can still listen to it here:

1 Like

Enuff Z’Nuff, very underrated band. Considered as another Hair Metal band by many but they share their music DNA with The Beatles/ Badfinger/ Cheap Trick more than with Motley Crue/ Ratt/ Poison. Their 2nd album, Strength, is an overlooked masterpiece and my favourite album of them, which was killed not only by the Grunge wave but also by the record company. They write good songs and Chip Z’Nuff is a really good bassist.

Anyway, it seems appropriate to post these songs at this time of year. Hope you enjoy.

3 Likes

I need a massive box set of everything in the can from Exposure and all the satellite productions from that time. Come on Robert, time to get with Mr. Wilson and empty the vaults. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

FLAC > Cambridge Audio CXN V2 > Jnog (OG) > Freya S > Vidar (Monoblock) > Klipsch R-620F

Love this album. Though my favorite tracks are the slower grooves like Musique, Revolution 909 and Something about Us.

2 Likes

Qobuz > Cambridge Audio CXN V2 > Jnog (OG) > Freya S > Vidar (Monoblock) > Klipsch R-620F

I learned of this album tonight when I visited a local-ish audio shop. I had the privilege of hearing a digital version and a vinyl version on an all McIntosh system with some brand new Magnepan’s that were just released and no one seems to have yet. I can’t remember which model they were though - quite possibly the new 2.7’s. The shop had just unboxed and set them up for a break in period.

I popped in at the right time and besides 1 other customer, I was the only one there hanging out with the owner and a couple of employees.

While these new Magnepan’s weren’t broken in, they still sounded amazing. The speed and tightness of their sound reproduction was impressive and that is what stood out to me the most.

They’re going to have an event show this Saturday to showcase these new Magnepan’s and I already had a personal, almost private, demonstration!

3 Likes

Qobuz > Cambridge Audio CXN V2 > Jnog (OG) > Freya S > Vidar (Monoblock) > Klipsch R-620F

Learned of this album tonight at the audio shop as well.

Absolutely sublime.

1 Like

Shpongle - Are You Shpongled

Shpongle - Are You Shpongled?

2 Likes

Nice. I am hopeful that one day I will be able to hear a system like that. I have been curious, for sure! Very cool that you were there for that. Timing is everything

1 Like

Talk about an intro that draws you in:

2 Likes

Fuck. Yes!

Love stuff, thanks for the rec!

1 Like

Here we go! It’s Friday for me, getting some holiday R&R. We are starting off tonight with something mellow by John Mayer Called “Born and Raised.” I have always respected his playing and I like that this project is different for him. There is some really good work done on this record.

Happy holidays, all.

Local FLAC > Douk U2 Pro > Schiit Bifrost 2 > Singxer SA-1 > Focal Radiance

2 Likes