Listening to tonight (Part 2)

It was a fun experience for sure. The shop also sells the Klipsch Heritage series speakers. I was able to listen to the Heresy’s and Cornwalls while there, too.

Here are a few photos I took.

8 Likes
1 Like

I was in the mood for guitar this morning and found this amazing HD playlist on YouTube.

Sound quality was really good. The vintage system did a great job as well, so this was a real pleasurable experience. These 30-year-old Mitsubishi speakers still sound great, which blows me away!

Youtube HD > SMSL M200 > Realistic 2-ch 7-band EQ > Denon AVR-2808ci > Mitsubishi MS-10

7 Likes

Qobuz > FiiO BTA30 Pro > Modi > Loki > Magni > Zeus

Its been several years since I used this setup. The Modi and Magni were my first introduction to a better HiFi experience.

I was astonished at the difference they brought compared to just plugging headphones directly into a laptop.

The rest has been me feeling like Alice tumbling down the audiophile rabbithole. Looking for better gear and higher quality, good music to listen to has been a great hobby of mine ever since.

3 Likes

I was feeling this tonight.

7 Likes

Lovely mix of garage rock, and slower ballads with haunting vocals. Deeeeeep bass as well. I have a thing for this type of mastering, obviously.

4 Likes

Love first listening glimpses and I’ll look forward to hearing the rest, imo this is completely the Serial’s wheelhouse but I’m guessing it sounds great through the Monarch Mk2 too?

1 Like

I agree, this type of music is absolutely run up the Serial’s alley. IMO this type of music and mastering does sound incredible on the monarchs because it has that mix of lighter female vocals and deeper bass notes so the tuning works really well. Same thing with the music from the band Goon. Similar style of mastering, it just hits different

1 Like

So much talent…both of her albums! :notes:

Hélène Vogelsinger

3 Likes

Still enjoying the guitar playing! It’s fun to go off on these neat tangents. Currently enjoying this dynamic duo!

Using the Radiance tonight and lovin it. I feel like this is a very musical headphone. Pairs well with the SA-1 too.

2 Likes

Deeper in we go. Calum Grahm is a guitarist that I respect a ton. A very captivating style, he has! I like this album very much.

1 Like

This is turning out to be an interesting evening. I have stumbled on a good one. Definitely fits the vibe tonight. This is Tim Bowness with collaboration by Stephen Bennett. The album is “Abandoned Dancehall Dreams”. Nice find.

Good eve, all. After a brief classical stint, I have pivoted back into guitar work! Currently enjoying this

Really nice work. Great evening music.

2 Likes

Haha…the missus is dropping of Christmas stuff to the fam and here’s me wrapping presents, drinking cider, dancing around while listening to…

DX312> Rikus S3’s

Be like :rofl:

What could possibly go wrong :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

From a 2009 Christmas concert in Boston. If you’re not familiar with this sort of music just have a listen. An energetic performance, faster! than the album version, by two great musicians.

The studio version from the Double Play album.

1 Like
2 Likes

Back in my car audio days in the mid 90’s Vogue was always a very popular test track…

1 Like

Saw her live at Wembley UK on the Girly tour I was right at the front, she’s a wee lass but damn she was singing her lungs off (head mic) while dancing all over the place…then she sat down on a monitor real close and sang…sweaty and focused :+1:

1 Like

Chilling before my cooking madness tomorrow…

Going to see a concert at Wembley is on my bucket list. My wife and I looked into going to the Taylor Hawkins tribute concert there, but the airfare was insanely expensive…

2 Likes