Listening to tonight (Part 2)

@RBRIII Nice! Fueled from that first selection, I suddenly had an urge to hear some solo acoustic. Went with a classic.

3 Likes

Time for a little grunge… :metal:

6 Likes

into the later night portion of the evening, I thought I would go for something a little different. I thought these guys did a whale of a job taking this project on. A surprising and very cool listen.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Greta Van Fleet - Age of Man

Flac → A&K Se180 + Sem4 → Paula PA02

4 Likes

I decided that for tonight I would let AMHD take me on a trip. I gotta say, so far it’s been pretty wild.

The machines are learning, because each time I do one of these the selections get better.

Popular Spock "fascinating!" GIF - StarTrek MrSpock Tvshows - Discover & Share GIFs

3 Likes
3 Likes

Had to get off the random playlist thing and back to the flow of an album. Lovin this.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Fun summer album

3 Likes

:hear_no_evil:

1 Like
3 Likes
2 Likes

Listening to…and a moment in music…

A few weeks after Sinéad O’Connor’s controversial appearance on SNL in 92’, she was met with a large hostile crowd at Bob Dylan’s 30th Anniversary concert at Madison Square Gardens. Emotions stirred as she passionately retaliated to the endless booing with verses of “war” she had sung on SNL before giving one last defiant look and walking off stage on the verge of tears. She didn’t get to sing her cover of ‘I believe in you’ that night, which was also performed by Dylan on SNL many years before but luckily they recorded the afternoon rehearsal…

One of the comments “Was working this show. The rehearsal took my breath away”

Kris Kristofferson wrote a song about it…

4 Likes

SUH+moon channel to start the morning at work, happy Friday boys

6 Likes

Happy Friday indeed all, let the weekend begin! :notes:

3 Likes

5 Likes

Well, it took almost a year, rather than a couple of months, but my DIY speakers are done and here!

I asked a colleague of mine, who is also a woodworker, if he could build these from the plans on Decware’s website. He said he’d give it a try. Other commitments held him up last year so he didn’t get started on them until this year. But he delivered them to the house today.

They look amazing!

This is my first experience with an open baffle design. They sound really good so far, but need some time to get broken in.

The speakers are Lii Song 15" Full Range Speaker Driver | Fast High and Scaled Sound | F-15.

8 Likes

Something to keep in mind; because of the backwaves, Open Baffle designs tend to need a lot of open space behind them to prevent early arrival of the reflections from behind the speaker. I would try pulling them out a bit more and seeing how they sound, obviously space needs and every room are diferent. I hope they serve you well, they do look absolutely fantastic!

1 Like

Thanks for the tip! I’ll be moving them around a bit listening for the best position.

1 Like