Listening to tonight (Part 2)

After some quality family time, I’m back at it. Got a nice Taylor Tawny Port workin for the evening portion of the show. I really like this album. Extremely well executed, I think. This is The Pineapple Thief and “Your Wilderness”.

4 Likes

What a great session tonight. I’m going to wrap things up with the legendary Thelonious Monk. This is “Monk’s Dream”.

:ok_hand:t2: :sunglasses:

5 Likes
2 Likes

2 Likes

Beginning my Saturday evening rotation… :notes:

5 Likes

My anthem for now a days

Love the lyrics, and then the beats and the dynamics of this track.

3 Likes

A new. EP from Sweeps today.

IMG_0377

3 Likes

IMG_0378

3 Likes

Gettng a late start this evening. Diggin this one currently.

I’m rocking the Penta P50 to start the night as well. I’m starting to seriously like these things. The foam tips were the answer, man. I continue to be stunned by the clarity and the overall balance. And all the wonderfully controlled bass I could want. :headphones:

3 Likes

I was supposed to switch over to headphones almost an hour ago, but the P50 is still in. Fascinating. I feel much freer and more unencumbered with these in. And I know I keep saying it, but these things sound fantastic. Got a great one going right now. This is Steve Lukather and “Bridges”.

Fantastic album. :+1:t2:

3 Likes

I have been having a great day testing these PA02s. I’m actually working them through the Liquid Platinum right now and they are fantastic, a great compliment to the SH-9. I’ve been experimenting with different genre’s etc. This is sounding rather nice right now. Incredible bass extension and detail.

5 Likes

Getting things started with a classic tonight… :notes:

4 Likes

OK, I am throwing the hard stuff at the PA02! From the local collection. I am stunned at how well the PA02 does Classical music.

I listened to Symphony 25 on the HEK/LP pairing, then switched to the PA02/SH-9 pairing and listened to Symphony 29. Each presentation is unique and wonderful in its own way. And of course, this is a truly great collection of work. Fantastic.

3 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

IMG_0017

2 Likes

I imagined this as the Alan Partidge project. I’d definitely listen to that :rofl:

1 Like

Steve Coogan GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

1 Like

Getting a rare mid-week session in. 1930hrs and I am still on speakers. The AMP-F2 in a nearfield environment sounds incredible at lower listening levels. I have a great AMHD playlist going at the moment.

I believe the curators refresh this from time to time. They have put a great collection together this time.

5 Likes

Nice @Raptor168 ! On that topic, I discovered an awesome album yesterday from a group that recorded a whole album live at a pawn/coffee shop in the late 70’s that sounds phenomenal and has such “fun” energy. The first track is my fave! :notes:

4 Likes