Looking for Comp headphones

yeah the k702 sounds pretty good then
i still think most half of this price closed is still better

In terms of extreme competition and price point? Yeah, but just as an example… I got my ad700x for like $60 that’s really damn hard to be beat. Edit: Though I would still take a dt770 or audiotechnica msr7 or something along those lines for a closed back and it would work just fine… its just ad700x and k702 soundstage and accuracy with that massive soundstage is stupid in competition especially wide expanse shooters since you can place even sniper shot locations in some circumstances.

extreme competition is all that matters when you want to improve lol

I would say this is a bit subjective though… Not everyone wants to go to tournaments and some just enjoys the fact of playing a competitive shooter. You can say it’d make you improve but you can’t deny the difference between the m40x/m50x compared to a ad700x when it comes to the competition in games. Though to be fair… headphone isn’t going to make you the best lol. It will help but only by a small margin

wait not the ad700x
its the ad700 im thinking about
from what i remember the x isnt a very good can
the ad700 isnt made anymore
and this one is the closed back that is good?

i havent touched these headphones in a long time

extreme gaming isnt all lan and arenas dude
it applies in a quiet room with no one around, alone in the middle of the world

1 Like

ad700x is just fine the pads are inferior to the original version and it gained a bit more bass. Though I will agree that the build quality suffered dramatically

if it gained more bass then its not a good option anymore HAHA

That’s the Z series which is just the x series but closed back. the image you posted. I wouldn’t say its a bad option… the bass change was extremely marginal. Edit: if he likes the ad700x he can go to the Z variation if he wants a closed back version… works just fine I do think the Z are more comfortable though

look im out of the debate and retract any open back option i might have conceded to
ima go watch movies, my opinion stands as the first one i posted

Right well, to end this up. Do feel free to chime back in on whichever you get and let us know what you think, if anything can be improved, and the like. headphones suggested are all good just for different reasons.

@M0N What do u think about aftermarket pads for the DT1990? I heard great things about the Dekoni elite velour.