Looking for earbud recommendations

primarily instrumental / orchestral, OST’s usually.

Spotify off my LG Velvet 5G using an iFi GO bar.

budget? $100 ish Canuck bucks.

1 Like

Calling @Rikudou_Goku !

4 Likes

@Rikudou_Goku you have been summoned, he’s knows his stuff🤙

3 Likes

2 Likes

You should consider TGXEAR sets. He’s based in Canada. I listen to mostly instrumental jazz and OSTs, and I mainly use TGXEAR earbuds. They are a bit outside your price range when new, but there are plenty of good deals for used sets in US/CAD. Can find used sets on headfi or on Discord channels (DM me if you want invites)

2 Likes

I am interested in the topic, but Riku is the earbud guy. He stopped reviewing stuff when started making buds, since it is a conflict of interest, which I appreciate the transparency on.

I am just starting into this space, and even the budget stuff sounds amazing with a bit of power behind it. I find that the Faaeal Iris 2.0 ($10) with a BTR5 or KA17 is fairly impressive.

There are some buds around $100 that folks talk about, but I haven’t heard them. I know the Fiio FF3 gets a fair bit of love, and the Dunu Alpha 3 was buzz worthy for a while. That said a Gen 2 from Riku is 75 Euros + shipping, and Gen 3 is 100 + Shipping. TGXear gets a lot of love, but the bottom of their price range is $200.

2 Likes

What IEM’s do you like and the types of music you listen to?, this would help folks with rec’s :+1:

1 Like

Rider 1 or Lancer 1 at that budget

3 Likes

I second Lancer 1, I love my set / such a fantastic vocal bud :+1:

3 Likes

:man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

I did say what music I would be listening too and what my sound chain is as well… :wink: as for IEM’s…I can’t say as all IEM’s are uncomfortable and cause pain, so none have been pleasing.

If you are interested I have stainless steel bell serratus I would be willing to part with around your budget. Feel free to PM me

1 Like

thanks for the offer, but reading about them they don’t sound like they’re good for the type of music I listen too. :slight_smile:

@Rikudou_Goku do you have any sale or promo coming up? CAD to EURO exchange is really bad and I’m a poor man.

1 Like

Danny…

4 Likes

Serratus is excellent for orchestral and instrumental music… Definitely worth exploring IMHO

2 Likes

I dont, you order whenever you want to and you aint “missing” any deals.

2 Likes

Not a surprise that my buds didnt make it since the tonality arent up his alley. (and the other ones are or/and are also 5x more expensive than mine.)

2 Likes

@Rikudou_Goku and others, do you think The LBBS could be a good fit for @Marzipan ? I’ve got one sitting around at home that I’ve listed for sale multiple times but no bites; if you want it (and can wait like a week or two since I have to be home to ship it), you could have it for free or just something to help cover US to CAN shipping.

1 Like

It would work soundwise (as long as they are aware of the very big lack of bass) but that shell is not very beginner friendly due to poor fit.

2 Likes

Yeah, Bells are kinda odd but for some people they are perfect and I figured subbass could be EQ’d as needed. Just wanted to throw it out there since they’re just in their box at home (my Rikubuds basically killed all interest in other buds haha).

1 Like