Looking for good 2.0 Deskstop Setup for small room

Important note to start off with is that I live in australia so it’s hard to get / find good speakers that are somewhat cheap and easily purchasable.

So I have around $600 AU (which is $411 US) to spend souly on new speakers.
My current setup is -
JDS Labs - EL DAC
JDS Labs - EL Amp

And Swan M200A.
[^They seem like a worst version of the normal Swan M200MKIII but that’s all I could find in australia]
(https://www.pccasegear.com/products/39482/swan-m200a-2-0-multimedia-speakers-with-bluetooth)
They do sound pretty good but its the only speaker I’ve ever owned so I don’t really have anything to compare them to and was curious if the normal ones (Swan M200KIII) were any better, I just need some direction I guess I’m really just looking for something that packs a punch and is very clean and has good bass and desk friendly aka not huge. Just keep in mind it’s hard to buy things on amazon that I see in Z reviews, because most of the time they don’t ship to australia and if I do find them available in australia for example RB-42 they cheapest ones I could find on a eh / sketch looking website was like $700 which was way to much for something price for $150 on amazon.

Also I’m wondering if I should just stick with my currect speakers for now please let me know :smiley:
So please someone help me find my last speaker I’ll need for a while!

P.S When I say small room I mean its just a small box pretty much. Rough estimates 4.5 meters x 5-6 meters and maybe like 2-2.5 meters high

How much are vanatoo transparent zeros over there? That might work well

$523 but they dont ship here and on amazon AU they are 1.2k AUD which is 823 USD

Well that’s out of the question then lol. What about some iLOUD Micro monitors (but they may or may not fulfill the bass requirements)?

Edit: or perhaps some Klipsch R-41PM

Edit 2: Q Acoustics 3020i and an amp could work as well

The Klipsch R-41PM look really nice and would fit pretty well in my setup, but yet again unfortunately they don’t ship. I think for now I might just stick with my Swans if someone finds something good and can ship I might give it a go again I’m not sure yet.

I was thinking tho if I’d be better off buying the new RB42’s and sending them to Zeos and asking if he can then ship them to me (I pay for the shipping ofc) because at this point I don’t know if theres anything for me at least that ships to me

1 Like

Yeah, perhaps getting someone to ship you a pair might end up being the most effective option

Yeah I don’t know anyone in america apart from Zeos because I heard he has done that in the past, might just buy his patreon and ask him that would be ok to do

check out the Kanto YU4 or 6.

1 Like

What would work better, is if you researched some options that ARE available to you that CAN be shipped to Australia in your budget and throw those options out to us so we can give our opinion on how good those speakers are. Not trying to be rude at all, just saying that most of us can’t help if we don’t know what is available. Do that part of the research yourself and we can help from there.

1 Like

Ok I can try that thanks

Ok so here is a list that ships to me that I found on the HiFiGuides. I’m just not sure when it comes to the ones that aren’t selfpowered for example MB42X’s, would it be possible to get some like this so I can plug it in to my JDS Labs EL Amp but I don’t know if that works like that any help would be appreciated

https://www.amazon.com.au/Micca-MB42X-Bookshelf-Speakers-Tweeter/dp/B00E7H8GG2

The monitor se atom is pretty nice and might be a good size

Yeah those paradigm atoms are the ones Zeos praised very highly for nearfield.

You would still need a speaker amp though, since they’re passive. something like topping PA3 or smsl AD18 would work great.

1 Like

Yeah, I would recommend the pa3

Ok so I think I know what I’m going with now.

https://www.amazon.com.au/TOPPING-Desktop-Digital-Amplifier-Black/dp/B071WNH6KL

I really appreciate all the help you guys have given me, I finally feel like I have a direction / idea of what to get / what I’m doing thanks again guys for all the help and I think I might just stick around here for a while longer because it seems like a pretty nice and helpful community.

Edit: Would I be able to plug my EL Dac in to the Topping PA3, would it make a difference because I’m still pretty new to all this stuff how it all works.

Looks like you should have no problem connecting the El DAC to the PA3. If you’re not in a hurry and if you are ok with ordering from China, you can consider ordering the topping on AliExpress - probably would save you some money + 11.11 sale

they have pretty good selection of studio monitors. Might get some ideas what’s available in studio gear range.

I would say you would either choose the stands or choose the isolation pads, not both

1 Like

Agreed. Isolation pads would be a lot cheaper too.

1 Like