Looking for headphone good for gaming under 200$

:100:$ is my budget

Well, I don’t think you could get something portable that could power the 880 600 ohm well unfortunately

1 Like

Yeah, that will be tough to find something portable. Unless you can find a crazy deal on an XD-05 Plus somewhere. You may want to look at something that is less expensive that is easier to drive.

If he really wanted to get a portable in that range with 880s he would have to go for the 250 ohm

1 Like

That’s what I was thinking. Do you think the 250 ohm version will still be good?

I don’t think it’s as refined as the 600 ohm, but you could get just the regular xd05 and power it

1 Like

Do you think the BTR5 or the Q1 Mk2 would be too weak?

Personally yes, but only because you wouldn’t be able to properly utilize balanced on them

1 Like

Gotcha, makes sense.

can you use the Yamaha HPH-MT5 for gaming

I don’t see why not, it wouldn’t be my first pick but I think it would preform admirably for the price imo

if you own it already try it and see if its good enough for you. but otherwaise I woudl say lookelsewhere

How about the TYGR’s beacuse i heard that the dt880 600ohm are hard to drive

Depends on how serious you are with gaming and if it’s for competitive. I have a review in the forum for the tygrs on here if you’d like to read it. 🔶 Beyerdynamic TYGR 300 R though if you want straight to the point. No, they are too bassy for competitive gaming. Though very nice for an all round headphone in the casual gaming sense. DT 880s can be driven with a $100 amp like the magni 3+ atom or liquid spark but it wont sound its best. You can drive them just fine with a $200 amp though for their 600 ohms

Where I live you can only get the dt880 250ohm black and the TYGR and I want to be able to somewhat power it on a pc I play ranked r6 but its not as competitive and the main thing im looking for is imaging but i just consider extra bass as more fun and i definitely won’t just be using the headphones for gaming (amp max 150$)

I’m looking to buy a magni

Not sure why you would only be looking for imaging but either headphone in that regard would be just fine however in terms of extra bass dt 880s, even in it’s black edition, are relatively bass - lite so Tygrs would suit you just fine. Very laid back warm headphone with plenty of bass and well rounded though it doesn’t sound very bright. Magni would pair well with either.

Edit: I guess I should mention that the black edition of the dt880s are still really good it’s just that they have slightly more bass and a different treble response however in the case of the dt880s they still lack body just like their original version. They sound just a bit more like a dt 990 in my opinion. If you are looking for competitive edge. I should mention that this headphone will still serve you better in comparison while tygrs are still for casual.

Is the Topping mx3 good

Yeah, it’s good but a little more expensive than the magni. It’s fairly neat as it can drive argons, wouldn’t say to their best sound but still drives them, but you can also connect them to speakers and quick switch with a press of a button due to the bluetooth… Pretty nice to have amp/dac combo. You can also use something like a Schiit Hel, Ifi Zen dac this ones nice as it has a balanced plug too, Soundblaster X3 pretty nice not as powerful, Soundblasters G6 again fairly nice. You can find more here

I used the MX3 as my daily desktop amp for speakers and headphones for about a year, and it was good and would drive pretty much anything I threw at it. I upgraded recently and sold it, but it has some of the most functionality and flexibility of any desktop device I’ve seen. If it had a line out, I’d likely still have it.