Looking for replacement for dt 770 pro

So I returned my dt 770 pro after 8 months because they were incredibly uncomfortable (earpads got squashed and my ears were touching inside of the headphone).
Its safe to say I’m in the market for new headphones around 150/200$ range as someone who works in my house and spends all day by the computer I really need something thats comfy but also sounds nice with music and games.
I tried hd599 and they were ok but I hated how cheap they felt on my head.
Open back no amp/dac. Just gaming (fps/mmos) and casual music listening.

1 Like

As I mentioned in the other thread:
AudioTechnica ATH-AD500x may work for you.

Signature wise, they are in my opinion a perfect match for gaming use. Reduced Bass (as in quantity, quality is good). They are not in any way sharp in the treble. (for context: I could not stand the treble of the DT-770 250 Ohms when I tried them).

Biggest concern is that their comfort is either spot on perfect or horrible. This is largely due to the cans not tilting and the “headband”-flaps floating (can to a degree be tuned by using hair ties).

Worth looking at I guess. I will check them out for sure.

How did you return headphones you used for 8 months?

If you liked the beyer sound you could try the dt990 they have significantly less clamp force

Or the new hd 560s

I used warranty since wearing these headphones hurt my ears.

I agree they are quite nice for competitive gaming though I would say comfort is a hit or miss due to it’s headband 3d wing design and cheap plastic design. Will also toss in something like k712 into the mix here. dt 770 has the most clamp force of the 3 due to being the closed back so its pads are also firmer and can lead to discomfort though he mentions the pads squishing down… which is an easy fix as he could just buy some dekonis which are much thicker and subjectively more comfortable. I would bring up the Tygr300r as well in that regard as a potential solution.