Looking for something around $300 usd

As the topic suggests I’m looking to buy an iem with a budget of around $300 USD. Dac and Amp isn’t a concern as I’m gonna use them with a btr5. As for sound signature, I’ve no real preference as I listen to a very VERY large selection of genres of music, ranging from game ost to hip hop to edm to metal to pop song, anything that sounds good is good to me (What I’m trying to say is I’m extremely open to suggestion) I’ve tried a few already at a local shop and here’s some of my impression of them,

Tanchjim Hana - Great vocal and details, Sharp high-end (ear hurty)
Starfield - Comfy and bright great but not very wide
Honeydew - Punchy bass ok mid sweet treble overall airy
Satsuma - Slight bass boosted detail centered mid bright treble
OH10 - BASSSSS overall detail is great wide sound stage POOPY cable

Mangird Tea or Tanchjim Oxygen are both good choices.

2 Likes

HarmonicDyne P.D.1 its amazing (379 USD).

Can you tell me more about your views on the set? I have read the review from Crinacle and it was not looking good.

I have B2, FH7,Senn IE80S, Aonic 4, Mangird Tea and HarmonicDyne PD1 . They are all much worse than. Good idea sava this review Harmonicdyne P.D.1. Review - Planar Hybrid Earphones — Audiophile On
They have better soundstage than headphones for 1000 USD!!!

the oxygen if its anything like the hana then its too bright for me, mangird tea I have no idea since Ive never heard of them

Is it the old hana or the recently released Hana 2021?

I didnt like the old hana either. But the Oxygen is leagues ahead of it.

1 Like

The old one

I’ll give it a try

Also, its seems campfire is getting a lot of bad reps, is there any reason for that? Locally its quite popular

I’ll keep an eye out for them, but since they are over my budget probably not gonna be my first priority, thanks for the suggestion tho

No it’s not, I have borrowed Campfire Andromeda and Mammoth from a friend and it’s really good! Although I would prefer Starfields/Aria over Satsuma.

This is the same guy who liked the Satsuma, which I did purchase. They are ok and I love them for their lightness and size but sound wise they are only ok, nothing compared to the Thieaudio Oracle in terms of tonality. So I don’t necessarily trust this review as the PD1 is getting panned by other reviewers. I could purchase the PD1 for half it’s price used right now but I’m reluctant to throw money away and I don’t like selling used gear.

1 Like

The price for the tuning really doesn’t sound 200$ for me since there are many budget sets that are tuned on the same level or better

They seem to be riding on their success with the Andromeda for years now.

1 Like

Conisder adding the new version on your list, BGGAR has given it very good rating. I’m waiting to give it a try after it goes on sale at my local

MANGIRD TEA

1 Like

But ones a $200 “budget” iem and the other is $500 flagship tho 0.0

Ah, I see

Sure I’ll give it a go

Its’s there any iem tune like the satsuma and honeydew (mild v-shape?) but better overall, what about the oh10? Where does it stand among this price point (they are on a slight discount recently so I might consider them)

OH10 is a basshead set, V-shaped, not mild.

The Sony XBA-N3 is my rec.

is it any good tho, in terms of tonality,detail in the high-end vs other suggestion

Well that’s a new one I haven’t heard before, it’s only $230 locally DAMN, can I swap the cable of these and wear em an over ear

230 usd!!! Get it ASAP.

I have reviews on both the N3 and the OH10 here:

1 Like

This should help… They asked so I provided. This is my personal no-nonsense IEM tier list.

The IEM everyone should have - Blon BL03

Best Starter IEM - LZ A7. Find your preferred tuning.

TIER1 Best IEMs around $300 - Mangird Tea, Moondrop Blessing 2, TANCHJIM Oxygen

TIER2 Best IEMs around $500 - $700 - Safe tuned - Thieaudio Clairvoyance/Oracle, Xenns Up - Subbass tuned - Moondrop Variations, Thieaudio Monarch

TIER3 Endgame - Mest MKII

2 Likes