Looking for upgrades from micca rb42s

Rev up the quadraphonic music lol

Perhaps you could go with something like the jbl studio 530, as I think you may enjoy that from what you seem to like. They are pretty balanced, have a good timbre, and also do imaging and soundstage fairly well

I think if you wanted a warmer more fun sound, the rp600m would be a good choice

If you wanted a more analytical speaker with really good imaging and soundstage, the kef q150 could also be an option

1 Like

how much speaker room do you have on your placement area?

I’ll take a look at those

So I have the rb42s sitting on the soundrise speaker stands on my desk. So the space I have would either be on these stands, or removing the stands and puting speakers in the foot print of the stands

you should be good then with those options, the 530’s are tall and you would not need the stands anymore.

the 530’s and klipsch might get “shouty” at times in near field listening in certian situations. just somethin to consider.

martin logan lx16’s on sale for 230/pair while supplies last. they just came out with the newer version this year. various last year’s models of wharfdale’s. they also just came out with new lines.

psb alpha’s on sale atm, roughly 30% off each model.

few others to look at that have good all around sound with slightly warm emphasis.

martin logan ribbon tweeters are pretty special imo. a real treat to listen to.

They could, but I think with his amp and a reasonable listening level, it shouldn’t be a big concern. But if you are blasting some harshly recorded music, you may have some discomfort lol

1 Like

Where are the Martin Logan’s for that price, I’m not seeing that.

I’d definitely like to try and stay away from shouty. Kef q150s are catching my eye

Well, what do you think of when you say shouty, to clarify

sorry 240 not 230

Seems like that may be for 1 not a pair

MartinLogan LX16 Piano Black (Ea.) Bookshelf Speaker https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0061LG5H4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_sTb4Db1SEAHV8

Might be cheaper on Amazon for each

my bad, your right! whoops. and thats a good deal on amazon

Hmmm, how to describe this.

Just to put my input on the martinlogans, I like them but they weren’t for me, but I can see why people like them for sure. They are more on the enjoyable tuning side and have a more always smooth sound (compared to the 530 for example which can both be smooth or aggressive depending on the song). Also it’s got a very sweet sounding treble which can be pretty pleasing

1 Like

Well like what frequency range bothers you when you think of shout

How do the kefs fit into this description?

Can’t really answer that because I’ve not exactly sure the correct meaning of shout, I have what I think of as shout but I don’t know if I’m correct. Never experienced it with speakers but I have with headphones.

The kefs are bright, revealing, and kinda upper mid-range and treble focused. They are exciting with sharp defined sound and have great imagining and soundstage with more aiming towards a 3d like sound. Lower mids and bass are also good too

the q150’s are also great set of speakers. just got mine last week with the sale. have not even had time to break the drivers in and they sound great. vocals are amazing on them.