Looking for upgrades from micca rb42s

Oh yeah, what do you think of them so far?

Hmmm I typically don’t like bright in headphones but I’m not sure it would bother me as much with speakers

I don’t think it’s bright in a bad way, just it emphasizes detail and treble more, kinda like the ad1000x or ad2000x as a headphone comparison

Kinda leaning towards the kefs . Seem to have all around excellent reviews. Now to decide between black and walnut.

Also since I haven’t really given a description of the studio 530, I think it’s better than all the other aforementioned speakers lol imo. I think it’s just more accurate and refined with better timbre and an accurate sense of space. That being said I don’t know if everyone would think it’s as enjoyable as the other speakers mentioned

Also with the emotiva you have I think it would benefit the kefs well as it might smooth out the high end a bit too

Between these and the kefs, which would be a better fit in a small desk setup, where my distance from the speakers are probably at most 3 feet?

If it were me I personally would pick the 530, but if you like a little more excitement the kefs might be up your alley

Ugh this is a tough call

I would say if you want more excitement and 3d sound, the kefs. If you want a more accurate and natural sound, the 530

Also looks and size do matter so also make sure you think you would like how it would look and fit on your desk

Yeah I’m taking that into account too. Gotta do some measuring when I get home for the 530s and see if they could even be a possibility

I do love the looks of both. The 530s just have an overall different look which I really do like from pictures.

I think it looks nicer in person, and that can go for the kefs as well, they both look pretty sweet imo, just different tastes.

Also how much space are you going to give the speaker behind it. The kef will be affected more by how much space you give the speakers from a wall imo

They will be relatively close to a wall. I’ll have to measure that too when I get home later, but I’d estimate about 1 to 1.5 feet from the wall.

You should be fine then imo for both speakers

This is an older picture and gear has been moved around and changed since then but speakers are in the same place.

Ah, kefs work well on their side too, so you could do that as well. The 530 not so much, but the 530 wouldn’t need the stand

Yeah I’m gonna do a good amount of measuring when I get home and I think that’ll be the deciding factor. I appreciate your time.

Anything else to comment about the two that may help me decide, as a closing note here haha

Hmmm. The jbl can get much louder without losing quality imo. Both have a 5 year warranty. They both have great build. I think the jbl is the more efficient speaker and doesn’t care about amps as much. The kef will be more forgiving with worse recordings imo. The 530 is less dependant on the room and can preform better in less than ideal rooms imo. I think the crossover is better on the 530 and has a more seamless transition between the tweeter and the woofer

Hmmm makes me lean more towards the jbls because my room is certainly not ideal.