Looking to get my first audio setup

How would I verify that?

Well, I can’t really find a normal D10 listing hardly on amazon which is odd. Hazi59 mentioned a post on headfi about it. I think I’ll look it up too.

I was wrong, it was reddit…

The silver D10 has a ships from and sold by amazon option, but it’s also listed under an aimpire storefront… so I’d say rebranding… not seen something like this before on amazon, myself.

seen similar shit for other chinese dacs like the dac x6 this listing is a mess of brands and chi fi fuckery

I found a Slickdeals post complaining that they had the same problem

1 Like

Well this whole ordeal is very unfortunate, typically Amazon is safer from this stuff

2 Likes

I know right? I’m calling them right now to see if they can fix it. Otherwise I’ll get a refund. If I can’t find a d10 what’s a good alternative?

The smsl m100 would be my pick if you can’t get a d10

1 Like

I kinda really liked that the d10 and atom were that same form factor…

Anyone know anything about Apos Audio? One of the posts on Slickdeals recommended them as a good reseller, and they are listed on toppings website as authorized

Z actually purchased the Topping DX7 from APOS, so they are well regarded.

1 Like

Does anyone have both these Dacs and can try them back to back to see if they sound the same? I don’t know if topping is rebranding but aimpire sounds like a stupid name

Thanks for the endorsement. Know anything about parts express? Also authorized on toppings website and I can get it about 6$ cheaper. Not worth a risk, but if they are just as good…

parts express is like aliexpress and alibaba.

I have a D10 that I use as a USB to SPDIF Converter, but I don’t have an ampire version.

get a m100 same price and its adorable

The SMSL M100 is definitely an option. Others in that price range are the Topping D30, SMSL Sanskrit 10th, Schiit Modi 3, JDS Labs OL DAC, etc.

FYI…I also happen to have my Topping D10 for sale at the moment as well for $75. Something to consider.

does that include shipping? otherwise that’s a steep price as a new one can be gotten from amazon for $15 more with free shipping.

Free shipping if in the continental U.S. They have 2 hours of use so far.

oh ok, that’s not a bad deal. Why do you want to sell it? the D10 is super well liked and a good dac is a good dac not much difference between cheap and midfi level.