Looking to upgrade my gaming audio

Appreciate your time. Going to keep looking around but im going to most likely choose the 1990s or the 1000

1 Like

Yeah there are lots of options. Imo the 1990 and 1000x are great for comp gaming and some of my top picks in the price bracket

1 Like

Hey man, got another question. Still havenā€™t bought the setup lol but what dac would you recommend with a xlr input. Going to be buying a AT2035

So actually every good audio interface seems to be on back order which is unfortunate lol, a focusrite scarlett solo or a motu m2 would be good picks imo. The yamaha ag03 is also solid if you want more features (but I give a slight edge in sound to the other interfaces). You can run the monitor out from the interface as your dac to the headphone amp (you might need special 1/4 inch to rca cables for some of them)

Also just wondering, have you treated your room and is it a good environment for a condenser mic?

Treated as in soundproofing and such? Um no lol like I donā€™t game with kids or pets and stuff just me and my pc/controller. Dont quite get what you mean on the last part on the 1st paragraph

I ended buying the d10. makes it pointless now i want a mic lol

Ok so for a condenser mic, it will pick up everything in the room, your keyboard, any fans or pc in the background, the echo from the room, itā€™s not ideal if you donā€™t have something to address those concerns. I would personally recommend going to a dynamic mic like the rode procaster, se electronics v7, akg d5, etc (there are many more options), as it will reject noise on itā€™s sides and not pick up everything in your room and not be as sensitive to an untreated room (imo a good recording environment is more important than the mic from my experience assuming the mic is decent)

So stuff like the focusrite scarlett solo or motu m2 are audio interfaces, which means they take inputs from a microphone or instrument and allow you to use it in your computer digitally. On the back of them there are outputs for speakers, but you would grab an amp like the liquid spark and want to connect it to the interface, so you would use those outputs.

If you now have a dac then, check out the samson q2u (if you can find one) as itā€™s a really solid usb mic that doesnā€™t require an interface. Also the audio technica ATR2100x-USB is very solid

aaah yeah im going to get the liquid spark still. Just want a recommendation from someone that knows their stuff. Im still going to go for the 2035 though lol. Going to try to snag a scarlett or a motu today.

This hifi thing is expensive lol. Appreciate your super fast replys

No problem, it can be very expensive lol

1 Like

The scarlett solo gen 3 is back ordered everywhere for some reason, the motu is still aval but it is more expensive. I would say for a more budget option the behringer um2 but thatā€™s also really hard to find atm

Yeah, I can get the scarlet but its 2 mic pres 150 or the motu for 170. Thereā€™s just so much things I have to buy in order to use the 2035.

Correct, your cheapest bet would be the behringer um2, if you can find one (it would be pretty solid and get the job done, should be under 50 bucks)

Would still need the spark and a mic arm after the interfaceā€¦lol yikes

Yeah going with a usb mic (I think they make a usb version of the 2020 if you are dead set on it) might be more cost effective (also mentioned the q2u above and another audio techinca)

Yeah I looked into the 1st 2 you mentioned. Very solid picks you really know your stuff lol

I also do audio engineering somewhat on the side (commercial/business audio mastering and sometimes ), so I also am experienced in this area as well

I can tell its like you have a spreadsheet or something by how fast you are with things people ask for lol

IDK man just bored, not that organized lol. This is just all off the top of my head, once you get into this hobby you just start to get like this I guess lol