Looking to upgrade my gaming audio

Ok so im pretty sure im going to go with the 2035, motu m2 and liquid spark. Am i missing anything or is that good?

I can def get you on that when its a hobby you just dont think about it you just know lol.

That should work just fine, your motu will act as the dac and the interface for the mic. You would just connect the spark to the rca out of the motu (and max the motu volume and control volume with the spark). Decide on headphones yet? Also Iā€™m donā€™t think the 2035 comes with an xlr cable, so grab one of those, also pick up a rca cable for connecting the spark to the motu if you donā€™t have one. For the mic arm just go with a cheaper one as all the cheap ones mostly work and are good enough

Dude youā€™re the best lol like fr. Iā€™m deciding between 880 990 600ohms or 1990. tbh though 880 and 990 look horrible imo. Those 990 250s look amazing. I might just wait and get the 1990. I took the foam off my jubiles and they are completely different headphones.

1 Like

Opening up those drivers made me hear further than before and hear more clear on the footsteps they arent as muffed as before

I think the 1990 would be the largest upgrade, but that does come with the cost. I think if you canā€™t stand the look of the 990 600 ohm, perhaps consider the dt880 600 ohm premium as it is a more neutral version of the 990 in terms of frequency response (imo it also does spatial recreation a bit better). There is a black version of the 880 600 ohm and while I slightly prefer the sound of the silver version the black edition might be up your alley.

The black 990s do look better but everyone on this website says 880 for comp gaming. Is there a huge difference between the 2 in your opinion?

Ok, so to sum it up as long as they are both 600 ohm, the 990 has more prominent treble and a slight subbass boost where the 880 is more neutral, they have similar detail and staging and imaging imo. So my preference leans towards the 880 600 because I think the more neutral response is actually more beneficial since modern games use spatial queues in mostly every frequency range so having boosted treble might not be ideal (it used to really only be about the treble)

For the rca cables and xlr cables does matter or they require a higher grade for them?

I mean not really, as long as they are decent, here are some decent xlr cables:

I would also include the amazon basics ones but watch out as they ship in may as many items are purposefully delayed

For rca cables, if you wanted a shorter cable these are nice and flexible

Ok I get it, no wonder every eq vid I looked up brought it down and enhanced low frequencies like footsteps

I personally donā€™t think you would really need to eq them (you can if you want but you might find that it really isnā€™t needed). I would just say with the 880 you would already be pretty neutral

Yeah I tried to eq my jubiles and it was worse lol. Those cables look good. Dont need long rca cables if its connecting from amp to dac lol

Yeah for the rca cables I would keep it short, you donā€™t want excessively long interconnects

I am new to the HiFi world and I am looking to make the investment of purchasing the Sienhieser HD58x headphones. I do have a amp which I was using for my old Logitech x540 speakers. I have a Creative Sound Blaster Omni Surround 5.1 USB Sound Card with High Performance Headphone Amp and Integrated Beam Forming Microphone. Will this amp work for me until i can afford a nicer one?

1 Like

Yup, the 58x isnā€™t hard to drive and isnā€™t too amp picky, so you shouldnā€™t have any issues

1 Like

Good Evening M0N one more question. I actually had a small bonus worth of giftcards from work and I am thinking of making the jump on a nice dac/amp. I know that Z during his reviews he stated that the GSX1000/1200 are solid (i also enjoy uniformity) but is there one that you would recommend. I reviewed a bunch of videos and its honestly a little of my head.

So the gsx stuff isnā€™t something i would personally recommend, mainly because the amp isnā€™t all that good, and the features are rather gimmicky, where are you able to get stuff?

I would order it on Amazon with covid it works out easily with my employer. i would utilizing a site that my work created (https://www.gyft.com/buy-gift-cards/)

also thanks for the fast response <3