Low budget In ear for a mobilephone

what set?

Both the cx 2.00 and the soundmagic E50C is almost the same price

I still think the Guideray is what you are looking for. You can find bad reviews here and there, but most poeple who have tried them say they are a bargain for the price and have amazing bass, and nothing needs to be modified with them, no new wires, tips. All a great set.

Can’t find them for less than 45 € that is to much

Too much money?
Well then I think the KZ ZST Pro or the BLON BL-03, both you should get replacement cables and different tips for them, the stock cable and tips on the BLONs suck.

these ? I don’t like the cons

What do you think is bad about them?

Some sibilance and piercing highs might show up sometimes according to the review

Why does it has such a frequcency responce i the area where the ear is most sensitiveunder 2000 to 4000hz

Well, the Guideray don’t have quite as much there.
Honestly I would save up for them if you can.

What about the kz ZSN? I prefer that to the ZST

2 Likes

Yeah forgot about that one, that’s really good for the price.

Sibilance is typically around the 7.5-10k range, where the zst has a reasonable dip. Also do know that measurements get more and more inaccurate as the frequency rises, so I wouldn’t trust a measurement above 8k.

Frankly for in ears measurements can vary widely from different sources. I won’t get into the debate if measurements are worth looking at or not

I don’t get it why most in ear headphones has a frequency responce like the kz zst pro and not like the sennhesiser cx1.00

forget about what?

KZ ZSN. Slightly different than the KZ ZST.

Well, to me the cx1.00 sounds alright, it’s not really an impressive iem. Personally I think it would be a sidegrade to what you already own, I would prefer the akg in ears you have now to the cx1.00

This is the graph of the akg samsung ones you own for reference

KZ ZSN and ZST cost about the same

Here is the zsn pro in green and the akg in red

I would suggest waiting until you get to the 50 usd range to get a real improvement imo

1 Like

I don’t get it why they have so much energy around 2000-4000hz where the ear is most sensitive (try google the bbc dip), i bet my Denon AH-C360 also has it

I don’t think there is a reliable measurement for the denon iems. The BBC dip was and still is used in some speakers to create a sound that engineers at BBC thought was perceived neutral and pleasing. It also helped with of axis response too, pretty helpful for speakers. Headphones and iems are not speakers, they don’t have to deal with a room per se and function differently, and that’s why if you apply a speaker tuning to your iems or headphones it will sound pretty bad. For an inear, creating a pleasing sound signature is pretty different. Currently for in ears the most popular tuning for a perceived neutral iem is the Harman target (and that doesn’t mean its the only correct tuning or anything either)

1 Like

Not the dip but the energy at 2000-4000hz