M1060c/ vegan pads, phantoms modded, or lcd 2

The 2c doesn’t have a fazor, so they are kinda close per se. The lcd 2 non fazor is still higher preforming than the 2 classic imo, it’s still more refined and resolving

ok thanks so much M0N. I think I’ll set my sights on the 2.2 non fazor

I ordered the 2.2f with old headband lol I’ll upgrade the headband later and I dont mind using eq to fix the sound.

2 Likes

I’ve seen review’s saying the bass on the lcd 2 is addicting can’t wait to hear them.

1 Like

So I got some bad news the lcd 2s came in with the right ear cup dead I notified the owner and he gave me the refund should I still get a lcd 2 or he 500 because I found one selling for 250.

Is it modded in any way or is it a se or rerun?

Also that’s unfortunate about the dead cup. Was it DOA or did it die during use?

It came in like that I think when the delivered it moved the pads to hard and killed the cup I’ve seen people online saying that right cups dies because you squeezed headphones to fast.

I think it’s not modded

Hold on can you link me? The he500 is pretty enjoyable but there is a decent chance there could be something wrong with them at that price imo

Check out this HiFiMan HE-500 for $255 on OfferUp https://offerup.co/7A000e7nP4

Hmmm seems pretty legit, it’s a very fun headphone, def something to try imo. I think the lcd is a higher tier of headphone but the he500 is very fun and enjoyable imo. Personally I would just pick it up for fun and if you don’t like it, should be easy enough to resell imo. If you can perhaps see if you can test it

Any similarities to the Verum 1?

I’ll have to see the seller seems legit I might pick it up.

I’ve seen review’s and tyll likes he 500 over the lcd 2.1 I heard it has better dynamics and slam compared to sundara.

Yes for sure, it’s got excellent slam and a fun v shape. Personally I’m not a fan of the 2.1, it’s way to dark and not well controlled imo. The 2.2 and beyond are decent improvements imo

Both are v shaped fun, but imo the he500 is on a higher tier of performance with a powerful amp

2 Likes

Also one reviewer says the midrange is so good he would ever so slightly prefer it over focal elear

how powerful? like he6 speaker amp or more like asgard 3 territory?

I would prefer it over an elear as well imo, but that’s also a different headphone (I would say I prefer the elex but it’s really a different headphone than the hifiman)

An asgard 3 can make it go for sure, of course with more power on a speaker amp it preforms better, but an asgard 3 will get the job done imo

1 Like