Mainly gaming headphones under 200$

https://www.amazon.com/Antlion-Audio-Attachable-Noise-Cancelling-Playstation/dp/B07YN25KWN/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=modmic&qid=1607382422&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExNzVYSjZEQUxaMFpVJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwOTczNTg5M0lVWkhZVjgzMjRZTCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNjQ5MzA2M1UwR1UwRFRBQjY2RCZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU= still imo if you can strech to it will be less hassle (also dt770 250 are 160$ on amazon so you could get both for 105$ which may be better then just get a better dac/amp combo or gaming dac there was a good one that makes modmic sound 100x better

found it a little pricey tho https://mayflowerelectronics.com/arc-mk2/

https://youtu.be/BaI75g6zPZc?t=100 good sound test of modmic using mayflower

I can get the Antlion mic if its noticeably better than the fifine series, after all i’m not looking for mega good microphone. I’m looking for a microphone that will allow me to sound clear and at a good volume and without picking up too much background noises at Discord for example or CS:GO

Yeah that’s way too pricey for me right now. I can afford to spend around 50-60$ on a AMP/DAC combo

@Ragnarv2 well you could do the not ideal but works choice will be fine for discord and games but not for streaming get the dac/amp combo and the 770 250ohm for 160 then get a 10-15$ lapel mic https://www.amazon.com/Lavalier-Lapel-Microphone-2-Pack-Complete/dp/B07G7HTY83/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=lapel+mic&qid=1607383443&sr=8-7 <== example

Sounds good. I already purchased the dt 770’s 250ohm for around 160$ in Amazon including shipping and taxes which is pretty nice for my country. The mic you linked looks like it will get the job done (I don’t plan on streaming, just for discord and games) And for the AMP/DAC combo I think I’ll just get the DAC X6 since it seems to be the best one at its price range.

just remember if you don’t like it with amazon you can send it back within 30 days, As long as you don’t break it XD

Haha yeah but I plan on not returning it

i mean if the lapel mic was bad XD or if you have a webcam or ur on a laptop you could use a built in mic while you save up idk up to you

I think I’ll just get a condenser mic kit with either an or just a table stand from aliexpress, as it costs about 20-30$ with the stand and has tons of positive reviews

just watch out cuz some mics require phantom power example my mic was in a 20quid nw800 bundle and came with the bad xlr to 3.5mm but i have it plugged into a scarlet solo and it sounds perfect. (but this is bad)

Most of them has a usb connection, so I think that’s fine

depends example the connector i just showed you would work with this phantom power supply then the xlr to 3.5mm works fine https://www.amazon.com/Neewer®-NW-800-Microphone-Phantom-Power/dp/B01JRU34R4/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=nw800+bundle&qid=1607387491&sr=8-7 but xlr to 3.5mm on its on will not work without 48v phantom power my its self but i would rec a audio interface but might be a bit over the top for gaming XD (downside to this listing with just a phantom power pack is their is no gain adjust physical that is you could do it in windows )

ex this one would prob suck

I’m talking more about something like this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32931005654.html?src=google&albch=shopping&acnt=494-037-6276&isdl=y&slnk=&plac=&mtctp=&albbt=Google_7_shopping&aff_platform=google&aff_short_key=UneMJZVf&&albagn=888888&albcp=9441086592&albag=98503410449&trgt=296904914040&crea=he32931005654&netw=u&device=c&albpg=296904914040&albpd=he32931005654&gclid=CjwKCAiAwrf-BRA9EiwAUWwKXn-boAzDdZtMIpYwR4VHvEfLn4CWqBl_xpO6l1vJS5WGT4nZBrh6bRoCxxYQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Which seems to be pretty decent

Well if its just for gaming and not streaming i would save up and go with the modmic and a downside to that fifine the cable does not come off its perm so my rec since its just for gaming is

or

and if you want to start streaming ect my rec would be

plugged into

via

At work now I’ll check back later tomorrow if you still need help with this

What do you think about the PC38X? Heard a lot of good things about it.

1 Like

Appreciate it. I ordered the 770’s 250ohm and I’ll soon order the X6 as well.

repost my thoughts from the pc38x forum

Opinion definitely has not changed on these… Impressed with them, at the same time not. Nothing completely crazy but nice for a Sennheiser though I would still take something like 58x jubilees or 560s over these. Granted, 38x are better for competitive gaming due to the added portions of the treble and of course easy to drive and addition of the microphone. I have stuck with these for a while now since my last remark on them(what… like going on 3 weeks?) where I did that short write up on my thoughts and I still find issues with them… they do not however, have any issues in the smaller fps like COD or Overwatch or something… but when you get to larger games such as battlefield for example it starts to become more apparent… and becomes dreadfully apparent in Tarkov that this headphone just isn’t good enough in comparison to say the Tygr or 880 in terms of what you really need in placing those sounds. The soundstage seems to prioritize more of left right and center… but it really starts to struggle in games where you have the sounds above or below you(like fortnite and apex for example where this can be common) or in sounds where it needs to be particular in a diagonal direction(tarkov) there seems to be some issues. As far as Seperation, I literally cannot properly use this headphone in games like Battlefield when the battle gets too heated if in a very intense gunfight and planetside was just virtually impossible to properly place a sound of which the beyers could easily place them without seemingly much effort at all. Granted I would say this headset is actually better for gaming than the shp9500 post mod and practically every single gaming headset on the market excluding mmx300(only because it’s pretty much just the dt 770)

I still believe these are relatively shilled or I can just write it off as well… it’s their opinion but this isn’t anything very special. Still, I would only recommend such an item in the most extensive of cases such as harsh budget or mandatory to use a headset or something. These still absolutely suck for music though, only good for gaming competitively… definitely not a fan for casual immersion

awesome man, when you get all of it feel free to chime back let me know what you think