Making the best headphones Bluetooth by adding only the fiio btr5 or similar plug in small Bluetooth receiver

Too bad the Ether CX isn’t single ended.

It can be, also I would take the aeon 2 closed over the ether cx at this point

2 Likes

Doesn’t someone make interconnects for different style plugs? I think I saw some on Hart…

Sony MDR1AM2. Single ended, closed back, and sounds great.

I forget about those lol, that would work very well actually

Audio Technica msr7 would too

Very underrated headphone IMO.

It’s cool that they come with a 4.4 mm as well if you have a Sony or other balanced player. Also comfort is very good, and the signature is consumer oriented but it’s very pleasing

2 Likes

Then you get the 4.4mm female adapter to 2.5mm male and go balanced on your bluetooth amp!

Yeah for sure, I really like the 4.4 connector

1 Like

They locked me out for a day since I am new to this forum.
To respond:
I did try the beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless High-End Stereo Headphone which have the Bluetooth already built in. But didn’t think they were that great at separating the instruments. World the DT 177x Go be different? As for the ndh20 do those need a special cable for this type of setup? I see they have 1 side jack. Also see a comment that they sound better with more power.

1 Like

Mon is there any thoughts on making a special cable for the Fiio btr5 to plug into dual jacks so that we are not as limited on the selection of headphones (headphones that only have one jack)

Well I mean you could just use any regular cable and just shove the btr5 in your pocket, but you don’t want wires. I think if you want the no wire solution (or very short wire), you would want to stick to those single side input headphones. I feel like if you wanted to do dual cable entry headphones you would just be better off just having the cable and the btr5 and dealing with it somehow

@M0N May know more about that than I do. I know the Beyerdynamic MMX 300 Mk Gen2 is supposed to be good too.

For a portable application though that might be a bit strange because they are bulky and also have the mic stuck on there

1 Like

True. How’s the instrument separation on the 177x Go then?

It’s actually pretty good for a closed back imo. I think some other options in this range like the elegia beat it out in that regard, but it is still more than competent

Plus ease of driving is nice.
If the Elegia is in price range that might be nice.

It is for sure, but it is a dual cable entry so it wouldn’t work for his desired setup

1 Like

Ah. Isn’t the Aeon you suggested dual cable too? I mean, I think a short dual cable that plugs into the BTR5 and can hook onto a pocket or even a shirt could possibly work? Does the BTR5 have a clip on hook?

The btr5 does not have a hook or clip

Also I was just noting that I enjoyed the aeon 2 when you brought up the ether cx, not that it would be viable for this application

1 Like