šŸ”¶ Mangird XENNS UP

I dislike planar IEMs for metal because even though their leading edge of transients is extremely fast, they lack the note weight and overall slam of a dynamic metal requires to sound powerful. They just do not move much air but they have great resolution characteristics.

Of all the tribrids I own, I feel the EJ07m has the best tuning and driver hardware for the genre. It is very fast, yet still hits hard enough for the genre.

I agree that tribrid and hybrids have a unique sense of stage and imaging vs other IEMs such as single DD, and if you prefer that sense of stage and imaging the FH7 and the EJ07m will suit you well for the genres due to their snappy DDā€™s and neutral tuning and overall resolution, but you will be losing out on some dynamic slam a single DD set such as the Zen can bring or the triple DD beast the 3DT.

9 Likes

Does something similar to the Xenns Up exist on the 200-300ā‚¬ range?

I feel that I would like their sound signature, but I donā€™t use IEM so much to have another 600ā‚¬ IEMā€¦

Maybe the Sennheiser IE 300?

Itā€™s hard to find, since itā€™s UP is more than just tuning. Itā€™s warmth plus the bery driver gives it a very distinct signature. What are you looking for, exactly? Same level or bass elevation or the whole warmth?

No!!! No wayā€¦

Have you heard them?

1 Like

Iā€™ve heard them. They are not fun ā€¦

1 Like

Could you tell us more, please?

Yes, I was thinking about elevated bass and a more relaxed listening experience without losing detail.

I like the Clairvoyance, but they are fatiguing with more intense music. I understand that it is somewhat contradictory to ask for a relaxed IEM to listen to more intense music (electronic music in my case).

When I read your review (excellent one, btw, thank you very much for your effort) and others, I feel that this is right up in my alleyā€¦ But the price is difficult to justify after several headphones and IEMS. I donā€™t use them that much to justify the moneyā€¦

I think that I will keep the combo Clairvoyance/Blon Bl03, for IEMSā€¦

1 Like

Have you tried the FH3? They graph somewhat similarly from the mids down I think. And less expensive as well. Beryllium too.

2 Likes

Iā€™m afraid they are nothing alike. Xenns has special sauce on it.

Also...

I fucking hate FH3. Was my first IEM. HELL NO. Sold it with a loss, but Iā€™m glad itā€™s gone. Sorry.

2 Likes

There is no way to compare the two IEMs!

1 Like

You should buy them. You have my review somewhere, they are VERY fun to listen to :slight_smile:

Already on my constantly changing short listā€¦ :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

There is a lot of difference in the mid frequencies! Thatā€™s where the main difference comes from. The technical parameters are also not the same !!!

1 Like

Anyone tried the Xenns Up with high quality pure silver cable?

Should work to cut through the bass layers and bring the treble up some.

Tips will have more influence on sound than cables

I did. Zero difference.

4 Likes

What cable did you use specifically if I may ask?

A pure silver one from Xinhs.

My Mangird Tea stock cable was busted, so I wanted to check if UPā€™s stock was the same. Got no difference at all. UP stock is pretty damn good for a stock cable, minus the 2.5mm for me (and the need to adapters included). I reviewed stock, of course.

2 Likes

Gotcha. I read some bloke found great difference between cheap silver cable and a $300 silver cable for his ISN EST50 IEM. Wonder if itā€™s the same deal here with the Xenns Upā€¦